Free shipping on orders over $99
Leica describes the M10-D with the evocative expression: "Digital body. Analog soul." Always pushing to meld the inspirational merits of shooting film with the convenience and quality of digital, the M10-D is Leica's take on an extremely straightforward shooting experience along with the imaging capabilities of their flagship M-series camera. By omitting virtually all automatic features, as well as a rear LCD screen, the M10-D's simplicity is its core attribute, and affords unencumbered access to the four basic elements of photography: shutter speed, aperture, ISO, and focus. This principle is carried over to the operating aspects of the camera, including its manual rangefinder focusing mechanism, clear 0.73x-magnification optical viewfinder, and stills-only recording. Beyond handling and design, the M10-D still retains the imaging performance the M-series is known for, including the full-frame 24MP CMOS sensor and Maestro II image processor, along with a sensitivity range of ISO 100-50000 and up to 5 fps continuous shooting. Designed as a camera with no distractions, the M10-D's chief objective is to allow photographers to focus on the moment and work in a manner where the rangefinder camera excels.
- 24MP CMOS Sensor and Maestro II Processor
- A redeveloped full-frame 24MP CMOS sensor pairs with the Maestro II image processor to deliver a wide dynamic range with notable color rendering, as well as enhanced sensitivity from ISO 100-50000 to suit working in a variety of lighting conditions. The image processor also incorporates a 2GB buffer to afford fast continuous shooting at 5 fps for up to 40 consecutive frames in a burst.
- Optical Viewfinder and Rangefinder
- The optical viewfinder is a large, bright-line 0.73x-magnification rangefinder with automatic parallax compensation and bright-line frame lines, which are set to match the image sensor size at a focusing distance of 6.6'. On the front of the camera, a viewfinder frame selector can also be used to manually change the apparent image field to help visualize the scene with varying focal lengths; options are available in 35mm/135mm, 28mm/90mm, and 50mm/75mm focal length pairs.
The rangefinder mechanism displays split or superimposed bright field images within the center of the viewfinder to benefit accurate manual focusing control. The effective rangefinder metering basis is 50.6mm (mechanical metering basis 69.31 mm x viewfinder magnification of 0.73x).
- Body Design
- Characterized by its lack of a rear LCD screen, the M10-D, instead, has a rear +/- 3 EV exposure compensation dial that is reminiscent of film-era Leicas' ISO dial. The outside ring of this dial is also where the On/Off selector is, as well as a dedicated On with Wi-Fi position.
- Simulating the design of a film advance lever on the top plate, an integrated fold-out thumb rest improves ergonomics, handling, and shooting stability, especially with heavier lenses.
- Dedicated button to the right of the shutter release is used to check the battery level and remaining storage on the SD memory card, which is displayed in the viewfinder.
- Slim body profile is reminiscent of Leica's film cameras for easier handling and manipulation.
- Integrated ISO dial is featured on the top plate to permit simple and direct adjustment of sensitivity values, even when the camera is turned off.
- Top and bottom plates are machined from solid blocks of brass and the chassis is built from magnesium alloy for a truly durable, hard-wearing physical construction.
- Rubber seals are used to prevent the entrance of light rain and dust to enable working in inclement conditions.
- A top hot shoe permits working with an external flash and the top sync speed is 1/180 sec.
- Based on the M10-P, the M10-D gains the same ultra quiet shutter design along with an inconspicuous appearance without a Leica red dot.
- Black chrome finish body has a genuine leather wrap.
- Compatible with the optional Visoflex accessory electronic viewfinder for manually focusing adapted lenses or working with super wide-angle lenses; the EVF only supports viewing and capturing functions as there is no menu or playback functionality with the camera.
- Built-In Wi-Fi and Leica FOTOS App
- Accessible via the dedicated On with Wi-Fi mode, along with the Leica FOTOS app for iOS and Android, built-in Wi-Fi permits sharing imagery directly to a linked mobile device and also enables remote control over the M10-D and remote shooting via a live view image. The app can also be used to adjust camera settings, such as date/time recording, JPEG/DNG shooting, SD card formatting, and other seldom-needed functions.
- MPN - 20014
- GTIN - 4022243200142
|Lens Mount||Leica M bayonet with additional sensor for 6-bit coding|
|Max Resolution||DNG: 5976x3992 pixels (24MP), JPEG: 5952x3968 pixels (24MP)|
|Sensor Size||CMOS, 24 x 36 mm|
|Memory Card Type||SD cards up to 2GB, SDHC cards up to 32GB, SDXC cards up to 2TB|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 100 to 50000|
|Metering Method||For metering the light reflected by light blades of the 1st shutter curtain onto a measuring cell: Strong center-weighted; for metering on the sensor: Spot, center-weighted, multi-field metering|
Exposure Metering: Exposure metering through the lens (TTL), with working aperture
Metering Range: At room temperature and normal humidity for ISO 100, at aperture 1.0 EV-1 to EV20 at aperture 32. Flashing of the left triangular LED in the viewfinder indicates values below the metering range
|Exposure Modes||Choice of automatic shutter speed control with manual aperture preselection - aperture priority A, or manual shutter speed and aperture setting|
|White Balance||Automatic, manual, 8 presets, color temperature input|
|Max Sync Speed||1/180s; slower shutter speeds can be used, if working below sync speed: Automatic changeover to TTL linear flash mode with HSS compatible Leica system flash units|
|Wi-Fi||Complies with IEEE 802.11b/g/n standard (standard Wifi protocol), channel 1-11, encryption method: Wifi-compatible WPA/WPA2 encryption, access method: Infrastructure mode|
|Battery||1 lithium ion rechargeable battery, nominal voltage 7.4V, capacity 1300mAh.; maximum charging current/voltage: DC 1000mA, 7.4V; Model No.: BP-SCL5; Manufacturer: PT. VARTA Microbattery, Made in Indonesia, Operating conditions (in camera): 0C - + 40C|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||approx. 139 x 80mm x 38.5|
|Weight||approx. 660g (with battery)|
|File Formats||DNG (raw data, lossless compression), JPEG|
|Sensor Type||CMOS chip, active surface 24x36mm|
|Flash Compensation||3EV in1?3 EV increments|
|External Flash Connection||Via accessory shoe with central and control contacts|
|Focus Type||Manual Focus|
|Viewfinder Magnification||Approx. 0.73x|
- Olympus OM-D E-M5 MKII Pro Kit ED 12-40mm f/2.8 - SilverOlympus Luxury Escapes offer$1,588.00
- Olympus OM-D E-M5 MKII Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera Body - BlackOlympus Luxury Escapes offer$888.00
- OM-D E-M10 Mark II Silver Body | 14-42mm EZ & 40-150mm R Black LensesOlympus Luxury Escapes offer$998.00
- OM-D E-M10 Mark II Silver Body | 14-42mm EZ Black lensOlympus Luxury Escapes offer$821.00
- Olympus OM-D E-M5 MKII Adventure Kit ED 14-150mm F4-5.6 II Lens - SilverOlympus Luxury Escapes offer$1,348.00
- OM-D E-M10 Mark II Black Body | 14-42mm EZ and 40-150mm R Black LensesOlympus Luxury Escapes offer$998.00
- Olympus OM-D E-M5 MKII Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera Body - SilverOlympus Luxury Escapes offer$888.00
- Olympus OM-D E-M5 MKII Pro Kit ED 12-40mm f/2.8 - BlackOlympus Luxury Escapes offer$1,588.00
- Panasonic G7 Body Only - Black$655.00