Hoya filters consistently provide even color all the way through the filter and all surfaces are ground and polished to specific thickness and tolerances whichsuperior results.
four main uses
- To enable slow shutter speeds to be used to record movement in subjects such as waterfalls, clouds, cars, seas.
- To decrease depth of field by allowing wider apertures to be used, which helps separate subjects from their background. Perfect for portraiture.
- To decrease the effective ISO (ie: above ISO400) and allow it to be used outdoors in bright situations.
- To allow cine and video cameras (that have fixed shutter speeds) to record subjects such as snow, sand or other bright scenes that would normally cause over-exposure.
Type: Neutral Density
Multi-Coated: Yes, Hoya Multi-Coated (DMC)
Effect: ND filters appear gray and reduce the amount of light reaching the film, they have no affect on color balance
Application: To use high speed films in bright sun, Reduce exposure time
- Hoya 67mm ND4 Pro1D DMC Filter