Helping to reduce reflections and glare, the 46mm Linear Polarizer Filter from Hoya filters out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface. By filtering this light, a noticeable increase in the saturation of skies and foliage is possible, as well as the ability to produce clearer imagery when photographing in hazy conditions. The filter is constructed from optical glass and is mounted within a durable, lightweight aluminum ring that has a hard anodized finish to guard against wear.
Please note: A linear polarizer differs from a circular polarizer in that it does not support the use of a camera's autofocus or auto exposure functions; it is best suited for use with analog film cameras only.
- Helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface.
- Polarizing filters arrange, and filter, directionally polarized light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of the light.
- Clears up haze in distant landscapes and provides more saturated, vivid colors.
- Strongest effect when used at a 90° angle from the sun.
- Optical glass construction maintains image clarity.
- Aluminum filter ring is both lightweight and durable and features a hard anodized finish to guard against scratching and wear.
- MPN - C490846
- GTIN - 024066052568
|Filter Type||Linear Polarizer|
|Filter Factor||3 - 4 (1.6 - 2 Stop)|
|Circular Size||46 mm|
|Front Accessory Thread / Bayonet||46 mm|
- Hoya 46mm Linear Polarizer Filter