Free shipping on orders over $99
This 150 x 170mm Red Diamond Soft-Edge Graduated Neutral Density 0.9 Filter from Haida is compatible with a Haida 150 Filter Holder. It helps to darken specific areas of an image, such as bright skies, while allowing for a normal, unaffected exposure in the other regions of the image. The filter is densest at the edge and tapers to clear by the middle, with a soft-edged line of transition between the dense and clear areas. A neutral density filter with a soft-edged line of transition is able to filter the sky while minimizing its effect on the land. It is particularly useful where the transition between sky and foreground is indeterminate, such as images featuring mist, fog, or the tops of trees. Neutral density filters do not affect the coloration of the image and this filter provides up to a 3-stop reduction in light from entering a lens.
Haida Red Diamond filters are constructed from shock-resistant optical glass. To prevent internal ghosting and reflections, while further enhancing clarity and color fidelity, each glass surface includes 10 layers of anti-reflective nano coatings. An additional 10 scratch-resistant hydrophobic coatings further protect a Haida Red Diamond filter's substrate and result in an improved beading effect when its surfaces come in contact with water or oil, allowing for more efficient cleaning. Additionally, Haida Red Diamond filters feature rounded edges for easier placement within a compatible filter holder slot.
A metallic case for storage and transport is included, as well as a light-blocking gasket. This gasket forms a seal that is intended to prevent stray light, which could have unwanted effects on exposure, from coming in between the filter and the lens behind it.
- Compatible with a Haida 150 Filter Holder
- Darkens bright areas of an image, such as skies, while leaving the remainder of the frame unaffected
- Provides up to a 3-stop reduction of light in selective areas
- Soft-edged line of transition between the dense and clear areas
- Useful for images where the transition between sky and foreground is indeterminate, such as images featuring mist, fog, or the tops of trees
- Filter does not affect the overall coloration of the image
- Shock-resistant optical glass construction
- 10 layers of anti-reflective nano coatings on each glass surface prevent internal ghosting and reflections, while further enhancing clarity and color fidelity
- 10 additional scratch-resistant hydrophobic coatings on each glass surface further protect the filter substrate and result in an improved beading effect when in contact with water or oil for greater cleaning efficiency
- Rounded edges for easier placement within a compatible filter holder slot
- When combined with a compatible filter holder, included gasket helps to prevent light from coming in between the filter and the lens behind it, which can have an unwanted effect on exposure
- Metallic filter case for storage and transport
- MPN - HD150-RD4382
- GTIN - 6900574630471
|Filter Type||Graduated ND|
|Graduation Type||Soft Edge|
|Density||0.9 (3 Stops)|
|Filter Thickness||2 mm|
|Size||150.0 x 170.0 mm|