The Fujifilm XF 10-24mm f/4 R OIS WR Lens is a versatile wide-angle zoom featuring a revised design and robust weather sealing along with more intuitive handling.
This 15-36mm-equivalent zoom is characterized by its constant f/4 maximum aperture and advanced optics, which utilize a series of extra-low dispersion and aspherical elements to correct both chromatic and spherical aberrations for high colour accuracy, sharpness, and accurate rendering. A Super EBC coating also suppresses flare and ghosting for improved contrast and colour neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
Benefitting the optics, an updated optical image stabilization system minimizes the appearance of camera shake by 3.5 stops for improved sharpness when shooting handheld and a stepping motor offers quick and quiet autofocus performance. Additionally, a reworked physical design includes slimmer focusing and aperture rings, a lockable 'A' position and f/stop scale, and the lens now sports a dust- and moisture-sealed design for working in harsh environments.
Key Features of the Fujifilm XF 10-24mm f/4 R OIS WR Lens
- Constant f/4 maximum aperture offers consistent performance throughout the zoom range and also helps to realize a relatively compact and lightweight design.
- Four extra-low dispersion elements are used to reduce colour fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to produce high clarity and colour fidelity throughout the zoom range.
- Four aspherical elements control distortion and spherical aberrations, which helps to improve sharpness and realize more accurate rendering.
- Super EBC coating has been applied to individual elements to reduce lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and colour fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Stepping motor, along with an internal focusing design, affords fast and near-silent autofocus performance that benefits both stills and video applications.
- Optical image stabilization minimizes the appearance of camera shake by 3.5 stops to better enable handheld shooting with slower shutter speeds.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out-of-focus quality to benefit the use of selective focus and shallow depth of field techniques.
- Updated physical design incorporates a locking 'A' position on the aperture ring, along with a labelled f/stop scale, and both the aperture and focus rings have been reduced in size to help lessen overall the weight by 0.9 oz compared to the previous version of this focal length.
- Weather-resistant design prevents dust and moisture from entering the lens and to enable worry-free use in inclement conditions and freezing temperatures as low as -10°.
New Weather-resistant Design & Improved Ergonomics
Updated aperture ring with f-stop scale and Auto-position lock
The aperture ring has been updated with an f-stop scale to allow photographers to visually check what aperture the lens is set to, eliminating the need to check through the camera’s EVF or LCD Display. The ring also features an Auto-position lock, similar to that on GF lenses, which prevents unexpected aperture ring movements, ultimately making use more efficient.
Fujifilm XF 10-24mm f/4 R OIS WR is both dust and moisture resistant and is able to operate in temperatures as low as -10 degrees Celsius. It also weighs 25 g less than the previous model, despite the new weather-resistance feature.
Improved optical image stabilisation
A new, sophisticated gyro sensor improves image stabilisation by 1.0 stop from the previous model to 3.5 stops total. When used with a more current X Series camera, like the FUJIFILM X-T4, the lens and camera work together to achieve approximately 6.5 stops of 5-axis image stabilisation.
A slimmer stylish design
The focus ring and the zoom ring have been reduced by 3mm and 2mm respectively compared to the previous model, creating a more compact and stylish design.
Advanced image resolving performance
The XF10-24mmF4 R OIS WR consists of 14 lens elements, including four aspherical elements and four extra-low dispersion elements in 10 groups. The aspherical elements reduce spherical aberration, field curvature and distortion, while the extra-low dispersion elements correct chromatic aberration to deliver enhanced edge-to-edge sharpness. Despite its compact form, the lens can maintain a maximum aperture of F4.0 across its focal length range from the ultra-wide-angle 10mm to wide-angle 24mm (equivalent to 15mm – 36mm in the 35mm format), while still allowing users to keep a constant f-stop value at any focal length.
The front lens element is carefully coated to minimise ghosting in images, which tends to occur with the extremely concave elements normally found on an ultra-wide-angle zoom lens, and provides better image sharpness and clarity.
With a minimum working distance of just 24cm (9.5in), the XF-24mmF4 R OIS WR is also suitable for macro-style photography. Users can take advantage of the lens to close in on a subject, while also including the background in full via the ultra-wide-angle focal length to create powerful images.
Fast and near-silent autofocus
The XF10-24mmF4 R OIS WR uses an internal focus system to achieve high-speed autofocusing capabilities. The use of lightweight focusing elements and a high-precision motor allows for fast and near-silent AF, even when paired with an X Series camera’s Face / Eye AF functions.
Buy Fujifilm XF 10-24mm f/4 R OIS WR Lens with FujiFilm Australia Warranty from digiDirect
All our FujiFilm products come with FujiFilm Australia Warranty.
Buy with confidence from a reputable seller. digiDirect does not sell grey-import or grey-market stock.
For more on our warranty policy please see digiDirect FAQ Warranty
- MPN - 74415
- GTIN - 4547410437881
|Focal Length||10 to 24mm (35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 15 to 36mm)|
|Lens Mount||FUJIFILM X|
|Angle of View||110° to 61.2°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||9.4" / 24 cm|
|Optical Design||14 Elements in 10 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||7, Rounded|
|Filter Size||72 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||3.1 x 3.4" / 77.6 x 87 mm|
|Weight||13.6 oz / 385 g|
- Fujifilm XF 10-24mm f/4 R OIS WR Lens
- FUJIFILM 72mm Lens Cap
- FUJIFILM Rear Lens Cap for FUJIFILM X-Mount Lenses
- Lens Hood
- Cloth Wrap