Fujifilm GFX 50S Medium Format Mirrorless Camera (Body Only)
Characterized by its large sensor, advanced imaging capabilities, and modular design, the GFX 50S from Fujifilm is a unique medium format mirrorless camera that is highly versatile and distinctly portable. At the heart of the GFX camera system is the 43.8 x 32.9mm 51.4MP CMOS sensor, which pairs with the X-Processor Pro image processor to produce files with extremely wide dynamic range and high resolution, as well as an extended sensitivity range of ISO 50-102400 for working in difficult lighting conditions. The sensor's large form factor also achieves a unique three-dimensional look with especially smooth tonal and color transitions. Beyond this, the sensor and processor combination also avails the ability to work in a variety of aspect ratios common to traditional large and medium format film cameras, as well as the ability to shoot at up to 3 fps or record Full HD 1080p/30 video. As forward-thinking as the GFX 50S is, its use of film-camera inspired design imbues it with intuitive operation and the ability to apply the camera system to myriad styles and methods of image-making.
Complementing the imaging assets is a truly versatile physical design that champions multiple ways of working with the camera. A removable 3.69m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder can be used for high-resolution eye-level viewing, and can be paired with an optional tilt adapter to permit working with the finder from various working angles. Alternatively, the rear 3.2" 2.36m-dot touchscreen LCD features a three-way tilting design that supports working from high and low angles, even when shooting in the vertical orientation. Operability is further reinforced through the use of several dedicated dials for adjusting exposure settings, and a top LCD screen is also featured for quickly checking settings and exposure data. Additionally, the GFX 50S sports a magnesium alloy build that is both lightweight and durable, and is also dust- and weather-sealed, as well as freezeproof down to 14°F, for working in trying environmental conditions.
- 51.4MP CMOS Sensor and X-Processor Pro
- Utilizing a large, 43.8 x 32.9mm 51.4MP CMOS sensor and X-Processor Pro, the GFX 50S is capable of delivering high-resolution, 14-bit stills with a 14-stop wide dynamic range as well as a broad sensitivity range of ISO 100-12800, which can be extended to ISO 50-102400. The large size of each pixel allows for more efficient light gathering, too, for smoother tonal and color transitions to produce a characteristic three-dimensional "medium format look." Also contributing to several medium format looks, a variety of traditional medium and large format aspect ratios can be used in addition to the standard 4:3, including 1:1, 65:24, 5:4, 7:6, 3:2, and 16:9.
The image processor and sensor also lend a versatile edge to the system, and permit shooting continuously up to 3 fps or for recording Full HD 1080p video at 29.97, 25, 24, and 23.98 fps frame rates. Film Simulation modes, including a Color Chrome Effect to produce subtle tonality among highly saturated colors, can be used in conjunction with video recording, too, to lessen the need for color correction during post production.
- Body Design
- Magnesium alloy body construction is both lightweight and durable, and the camera system is sealed in 58 places to render it weather- and dust-resistant, as well as freezeproof down to 14°F, for use in inclement conditions.
- Based on a modular concept, a removable 3.69m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder is included for high-resolution, 0.85x-magnification eye-level viewing, and can be paired with an optional EVF-TL1 Tilt Adapter for positioning the finder at a variety of working angles.
- The removable EVF connects with the camera body via the hot shoe, and the EVF features its own hot shoe to maintain compatibility with optional external flashes.
- A 3.2" 2.36m-dot touchscreen LCD is also available for image playback, menu navigation, and live view shooting. This LCD features a unique tilting design that moves both 45° downward and 90° upward for shooting from high and low angles, and also tilts 60° to the side to benefit shooting in the vertical orientation when in live view.
- A series of dedicated dials are placed about the body for independently adjusting aperture, shutter speed, and ISO.
- The aperture ring on GF lenses and the ISO dial on the camera feature a C (Command) position, and the Shutter Speed dial has a T position, to enable adjusting these settings via the front and rear control dials.
- A 1.28" sub LCD monitor is also featured on the top plate for settings confirmation and exposure data.
- Included NP-T125 rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides approximately 400 shots per charge when Auto Power Save is on.
- Built-in Wi-Fi allows for direct wireless sharing of files as well as remote camera control from a linked mobile device.
- 117-Point Autofocus System
- A contrast-detection autofocus system is employed that uses 117 total points, which can be further divided into 425 points, for notable focusing speed and accuracy that is especially beneficial when working with the inherent shallow depth of field of medium format. Focus point selection is possible using the integrated Focus Lever for intuitive switching between points and, alternatively, the rear touchscreen can also be used for selecting precise focus areas. Face and Eye Detection AF are also available to benefit portraiture, and an electronic depth of field scale can be used for more critical selective focus. Additionally, focus peaking is available in manual focus mode as well as frame magnification for more critical focusing.
- Other Camera Features
- The Fujifilm G lens mount features a short focal flange distance of just 26.7mm to better facilitate adapting lenses and to allow for reduced back focusing distances to better prevent vignetting and promote edge-to-edge sharpness with the GF series of lenses.
- Film Simulation modes allow you to reproduce the look and feel of several of Fujifilm's film types, including Provia, Velvia, Astia, Classic Chrome, Pro Neg. Hi, Pro Neg. Standard, Acros, Monochrome, and Sepia. Additionally, Grain Effect can be adjusted as well as Classic Chrome effect to fine-tune the look of imagery.
- Mechanical focal plane permits working with shutter speeds from 60 min. up to 1/4000 sec., and an electronic shutter allows the use of shutter speeds up to 1/16000 sec. for working in bright light conditions.
- Interval shooting is possible for up to 999 consecutive frames with a 1 sec. to 24 hour delay between exposures, as well as up to a 24 hours shutter delay.
- Multiple Exposure mode lets you shoot two consecutive overlaid frames, and the first frame will be shown on the rear LCD to aid in alignment for the second exposure.
- Dual UHS-II SD memory card slots are featured, and permit saving imagery in a sequential manner, backup/duplicate manner, or in a sorted manner to segregate JPEG and raw files.
- A variety of file formats are available depending on your workflow needs, and include uncompressed and compressed raw file types; Super Fine, Fine, and Normal JPEG settings; and TIFF files can be output via in-camera raw file development.
- A voice memo function lets you solely record your voice for up to 30 seconds at a time for making notes or keeping track of shooting information.
- 3D Electronic Level can be used to ensure the accuracy of horizontal and vertical lines within your composition.
- Tethered shooting is possible using X Acquire software to send images from the camera to a hot folder on your computer for further editing. Alternatively, the Tether Shooting Plug-in PRO for Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and HS-V5 for Windows operating systems are also available.
- MPN - 74220
- GTIN - 4547410341010
|Lens mount||Fujifilm G Mount|
|Camera Format||Medium Format|
|Maximum Resolution||51 MP: 8256 x 6112|
|Aspect Ratio||1:1, 3:2, 16:9|
|File Format||Still Images: JPEG, RAW Movies: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 Audio: Linear PCM|
|Dust Reduction System||Yes|
|Memory||SD SDHC SDXC|
|Video Recording||Yes, NTSC/PAL|
|Resolution||3840 x 2160: 30 fps, 25 fps, 24 fps 1920 x 1080: 60 fps, 50 fps, 30 fps, 25 fps, 24 fps 1280 x 720: 60 fps, 50 fps, 30 fps, 25 fps, 24 fps|
|Video Format||MPEG4-AVC/H.264 3840 x 2160p (100 Mbps) 1920 x 1080p (100 Mbps) 1280 x 720p (50 Mbps)|
|Video Clip Length||Up to 30 Minutes|
|Audio Recording||Built-in Mic: With Video, Stereo Optional External Mic: With Video, Stereo|
|Focus Type||Auto & Manual|
|Focus Modes||Continuous-servo AF (C), Manual Focus (M), Single-servo AF (S)|
|Autofocus Points||Hybrid: 325|
|Viewfinder Size||0.5 inch|
|Viewfinder Pixel Count||2,360,000|
|Viewfinder Eye Point||23.00 mm|
|Viewfinder magnification||Approx. 0.77x|
|Diopter adjustment range||- 4 to +2 m|
|Screen||3 inch Rear Screen Pivoting LCD (1,040,000)|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 200-12800 (Extended Mode: 100-51200)|
|Shutter||Type: Mechanical Speed: 30 - 1/8000 second Type: Electronic Speed: 30 - 1/32000 second|
|Remote Control||RR-90 (Optional)|
|Metering Method||Average metering, Center-weighted average metering, Multi-zone metering, Spot metering|
|Exposure Modes||Modes: Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority Compensation: -5 EV to +5 EV (in 1/3 EV steps)|
|White Balance Modes||Automatic Scene Recognition, Color Temperature, Custom, Fine, Fluorescent (Cool White), Fluorescent (Daylight), Fluorescent (Warm White), Incandescent, Shade, Underwater|
|Continuous Shooting||Up to 14 fps for up to 42 frames in JPEG format Up to 14 fps for up to 28 frames in raw format Up to 8 fps for up to 83 frames in JPEG format Up to 8 fps for up to 33 frames in raw format Up to 5 fps for unlimited frames in JPEG format Up to 5 fps for up to 39 frames in raw format|
|Flash Modes||Auto Commander Manual Off Slow Sync|
|Max Sync Speed||1 / 250 seconds|
|Flash Compensation||-5 EV to +5 EV (in 1/3 EV steps)|
|Dedicated Flash System||TTL|
|External Flash Connection||Connection - Hot Shoe, PC Terminal|
|Start-up Time||0.3 seconds|
|Shutter Lag||0.05 seconds|
|Self-Timer||10 seconds, 2 seconds|
|Connectivity||1/8 inch Microphone, 2.5mm Sub-mini (2-Ring), HDMI D (Micro), Micro-USB, USB 3.0|
|Battery||1x NP-T125 Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery Pack|
|AC Power Adapter||AC-9V AC Adapter (Optional)|
|Operating/Storage Temperature||Operating 14 to 104F (-10 to 40C) Humidity: 10 - 80%|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||132.5 x 91.8 x 49.2 mm|
|Exposure Mode||Program, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual|
|Exposure Control||TTL 256-zone metering Multi, Spot, Average, Center-Weighted|
|Sensitivity||Auto, ISO 100-12800 (Extended Range: ISO 50-102400)|
|Lens Mount||FUJIFILM G-mount|
|Movie File Format||MOV (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264) Audio: Linear PCM (stereo sound, 48 kHz sampling)|
|Still Image File Format||JPEG (Exif ver. 2.3), raw (14-bit RAF), raw + JPEG, 8-bit TIFF via in-camera raw conversion|
|Storage Media||2x SD card slot; SD/SDHC/SDXH memory cards UHS-I/UHS-II|
|Image Sensor||43.8 x 32.9 mm CMOS sensor, Bayer array with primary color filter|
|Aspect Ratios||4:3, 3:2, 16:9, 1:1, 65:24, 5:4, 7:6|
|Number of Recording Pixels||8256 x 6192|
|Weight||920 g (with EVF)
825 g (with battery and memory card)
740 g (body only)
|Dimensions||147.5 x 94.2 x 91.4 mm|
|Exposure Compensation||+/- 5 EV in 1/3 steps (movie recording: +/- 2 EV)|
|Shutter Type||Focal Plane Shutter|
100% frame coverage
Eyepoint: Approx. 23 mm
Diopter Adjustment: -4 to +2 m
Diagonal Angle of View: Approx. 40
Horizontal Angle of View: Approx. 33
Built-in eye sensor
|Hot shoe||Yes; dedicated TTL flash compatible|
|Flash modes||Sync Mode: 1st Curtain, 2nd Curtain, Auto FP (HSS)
Flash Mode: TTL (Flash Auto, Standard, Slow Sync), Manual, Off
|Interval timer Shooting||Yes|
|Self-Timer||10 or 2 sec. delay|
|White Balance||Automatic Scene Recognition, Custom, Color Temperature Selection (K), Preset (Daylight, Shade, Fluorescent Light [Daylight], Fluorescent Light [Warm White], Fluorescent Light [Cool White], Incandescent Light, Underwater)|
|Focus||117-point TTL contrast-detection system Manual, Continuous, Single focus modes AF Frame Selection: Single-Point, Zone AF, Wide/Tracking AF|
|Continuous Shooting||Approx. 3 fps for unlimited JPEGs, 13 lossless compressed raw files, or 8 uncompressed raw files|
|Shutter Speed||Mechanical Shutter: 4 to 1/4000 sec. in P mode; 60 min. to 1/4000 sec. in all other modes Bulb and Time modes up to 60 min.
Electronic Shutter: 4 to 1/16000 sec. in P mode; 60 min. to 1/16000 sec. in all other modes Bulb and Time modes up to 60 min.
Electronic Front Curtain Shutter: 4 to 1/4000 sec. in P mode; 60 min. to 1/4000 sec. in all other modes Bulb and Time modes up to 60 min.
Mechanical + Electronic Shutter: 4 to 1/16000 sec. in P mode; 60 min. to 1/16000 sec. in all other modes Bulb and Time modes up to 60 min.
Electronic Front Curtain Shutter + Electronic Shutter: 4 to 1/16000 sec. in P mode; 60 min. to 1/16000 sec. in all other modes Bulb and Time modes up to 60 min.
Sync Speed for Flash: 1/125 sec. or slower
- Fujifilm GFX 50S Medium Format Mirrorless Camera (Body Only)
- EVF-GFX1 Interchangeable Electronic Viewfinder
- NP-T125 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery
- BC-T125 Battery Charger
- Plug Adapter
- BCP-002 Body Cap
- Shoulder Strap
- Metal Strap Clip
- Metal Strap Clip Lock
- Cable Protector
- Hot Shoe Cover (Body/EVF)
- Connector Cover for EVF
- Vertical Battery Grip Connector Cover
- Sync Terminal Cover
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
- Pentax 645Z Medium Format DSLR Camera Body$12,999.00Earn 25,998 Qantas Points
- Pentax 645Z Medium Format DSLR with D FA 55mm f2.8 lens$15,299.00Earn 30,598 Qantas Points
- Fujifilm GFX 50S body and GF 32-64mm f/4 R LM WR LensDon't pay $11,299.00 $9,604.15Earn 19,208 Qantas Points
- Fujifilm GFX 50R Body OnlyDon't pay $7,077.00 $6,015.45Earn 12,031 Qantas Points
- Fujifilm GFX 50S and GF 45mm F2.8 R LM WR Lens KitDon't pay $11,999.00 $10,199.15Earn 20,398 Qantas Points
- Fujifilm GFX 50S and GF 63mm f/2.8 R LM WR Lens KitDon't pay $11,587.00 $9,848.95Earn 19,698 Qantas Points
- FujiFilm GFX 50R with GF 32-64mm f/4 R LM WR Lens KitDon't pay $9,999.00 $8,499.15Earn 16,998 Qantas Points
- FujiFilm GFX 50R w/ GF 45mm F2.8 R LM WR Lens KitDon't pay $8,749.00 $7,436.65Earn 14,873 Qantas Points