Frequently Asked Questions
We accept most major credit cards, including Mastercard, Visa, and American Express. You can also pay for your digiDirect purchase via Electronic Funds Transfer or PayPal.
NOTE: When choosing EFT as your payment method we require that you process your payment within 48 hours. Failure to do so will result in automatic cancellation of your order. Our account information for EFT payments is available on the checkout page.
Well... we call it Duty-Free but it's really a Tourist Refund Scheme. The TRS enables you to claim a refund, subject to certain conditions, of the goods and services tax (GST) that you pay on goods you buy in Australia.
To claim a refund you must:
- Spend $300 (GST inclusive) or more in the one store and get a single tax invoice
- Buy goods no more than 60 days before departure
- Carry the goods with your hand luggage and present them along with your original tax invoice, passport and international boarding pass to a Customs Officer at a TRS facility
- Claims at airports are available up to 60 minutes prior to the scheduled departure of your flight.
- The refund only applies to goods you take with you as hand luggage onto the aircraft or ship when you leave Australia.
- Subject to the above, equipment purchased from digiDirect can be used before departure.
The GST refund is calculated by dividing the total amount of the purchase by 11. Click here for more information.
At digiDirect, we offer you the option to Pre-Order new products, right from the moment they are announced!
All Pre-Orders are listed with an 'expected' Month of arrival. This is usually an 'estimate', given to us by the supplier when they can. The expected arrival date is movable but we attempt to keep it up to date the best we can as further information comes to hand.
Full payment is taken at the time of placing your Pre-Order on our website. This payment secures you a position on the waiting list.
If your pre-order payment declines, your order will not be added to the waiting list. We do not chase payment for pre-orders.
If the product comes in at a cheaper price, you will be refunded any the difference.
As the first shipments of most Pre-orders are normally in short supply, we process pre-orders on a ‘first in – first served’ basis. Placing a pre-order does not guarantee you supply out of the 1st shipment so the earlier you place the pre-order, the sooner you will get your new product.