The DJI Ronin-S 2 Gimbal Stabilizer is a redesigned follow-up to the Ronin-S gimbal with a payload of up to 4.5kg. It's about 25% lighter and more compact thanks to monocoque carbon fibre axis arms and a shorter grip handle with a smaller battery cartridge, although still with 12-hour runtime. The motors are about 20% more powerful and support cameras such as the Blackmagic Pocket 6K, Canon 1D X Mark III, Sony a7S III, and ALEXA Mini LF.
The RS 2 Gimbal has a 1.4" full-colour LCD touchscreen that allows you to access gimbal settings as well as features such as time-lapse and hyper-lapse, which were previously accessible only via the companion mobile app.
DJI Ronin-S 2 Gimbal Stabilizer uses the DJI Titan stabilization algorithm to provide improved stabilization with increased smoothness. In applications with up to 100mm zoom lenses, a built-in feature called SuperSmooth complements the algorithm by compensating for micromovements and increasing torque to achieve fluid motion (optional lens support is required).
There are also two RSA ports with electrical contacts for dedicated accessories, and each port has a NATO mount for quick-release attachment of these optional accessories. One RSA port is provided on the left and one on the right side of the gimbal. Supported accessories include a focus wheel, a twist-grip dual handle, and a universal mount for efficiently attaching the gimbal to a car, jib, or slider.
The gimbal runs for up to 12 hours on a battery cartridge that secures to the included grip handle. The cartridge can easily be swapped out for another one, sold separately. The cartridge is rechargeable via a USB Type-C port on the grip, and the grip can be totally removed from the gimbal when you need to recharge the battery. The BG30 grip is compatible with the PD and QC 2.0 charging protocols. DJI highly recommends using a 24W charger, not included. The battery supports 24W fast charging and can be fully recharged in about 1.5 hours.
The DJI Ronin-S 2 Gimbal Stabilizer comes with a splash-proof carry case designed with dedicated compartments for the different parts of the gimbal and key accessories. A mini tripod is also included and attaches to a 1/4"-20 thread on the bottom of the grip handle to function as a stand or an extension handle for two-handed maneuvering of the gimbal in certain scenarios.
Key Features of the DJI Ronin-S 2 Gimbal Stabilizer
- 4.5kg (10lbs) Tested Payload
- Carbon Fiber Construction
- 1.4” Full-Color Touchscreen
- Professional Mounting Options
- Efficient Balancing Between Payloads
- Max 12hr Fast-Charge Batteries
Weight and Payload | Film More, Pack Less
Monocoque carbon fiber construction adds incredible strength and unbelievable lightness to the axis arms.
A 1kg (2.3lbs) gimbal with 4.5kg (10lbs) tested payload offers the highest weight-to-payload ratio in the industry.
Focus System | Cinematic Sharpness
A built-in front dial above the trigger allows for single handed focus control. It also complements a mounted Focus Wheel for two-channel focus and zoom control, right from the handle.
The 3D Focus System uses ToF sensors to measure the distance between lens and subject for a sharp picture, even in low lighting. This advanced system enables fast autofocusing on manual, large-aperture lenses.
Construction | Conveniently Built for Instant Use
Manfrotto + Arca-Swiss
The Manfrotto + Arca dual-layer camera mounting plate is compatible with most cameras.
Fine-Tune Balancing Knob
Quickly dial in the perfect balance with the fine-tune balancing knob.
The axis locks keep the gimbal arms in place for easier balancing and storage.
Allows for smoother adjustments when sliding the arms when balancing the gimbal.
OPTIONAL Wi-Fi Image Transmitter | RavenEye: See Further
RavenEye transmits video while giving you remote control of camera parameters.
- Transmits 1080p video from up to 200 m (656 ft) away with a latency of just 60 ms.
- With ActiveTrack built-in, DJI RS 2 uses the source signal from the camera to track your subject.
- RavenEye enhances Force Mobile, increasing responsiveness and decreasing latency.
The best DJI stabilizer battery yet
The BG30 grip has a max runtime of 12 hours and can charge independently from DJI RS 2. Fast charging enables two hours of runtime with just a 15min charge.
- DJI RS 2 employs a cartridge design for more secure battery mounting and faster battery swaps.
Unleash Your Creativity Like Never Before
- Time Tunnel | Create a repeatable camera movement path for a tightly choreographed shot.
- Panorama | With a steady pan from the gimbal, create gigapixel panoramas from your camera.
- Timelapse | Capture the passage of time with a steady frame.
- Track | Create a repeatable camera movement path for a tightly choreographed shot.
- MPN - DJIRONIN-S2
- GTIN - 6941565901552
|Number of Axes||3-Axis (Pitch, Roll, Yaw)|
|Rotation Range||Yaw (Pan): 360°
Pitch (Tilt): -112 to 214°
Roll: -95 to 240°
|Follow Speed||Pan: 360°/s
|Load Capacity||10 lb / 4.5 kg|
|Camera Mounting Screw||1 x 1/4"-20 Male|
|Ports||2 x RSA
3 x USB Type-C
|Wireless Frequency||2.4 GHz (2.4 - 2.483)|
|Wireless Protocol||Bluetooth 5.0|
|Capacity (mAh)||1950 mAh|
|Capacity (Wh)||30.3 Wh|
|Battery Runtime||12 Hours|
|Battery Chemistry||Lithium-Ion Polymer (LiPo)|
|Operating Temperature||-4 to 113°F / -20 to 45°C|
|Materials||Aluminum, Carbon Fiber, Plastic|
|Mounting||1 x 1/4"-20 Female
1 x Cold Shoe Mount
|Dimensions||16.1 x 10.2 x 7.7" / 410 x 260 x 195 mm|
|Weight||2.36 lb / 1.07 kg
2.595 lb / 1.177 kg (with Camera Plate)
2.948 lb / 1.337 kg (with Handlebar)
- DJI Ronin-S 2 Gimbal Stabilizer
- DJI Ronin-S Extended Grip/Tripod
- BG30 Grip
- DJI R Multi-Camera Control Cable (USB Type-C)
- DJI R Multi-Camera Control Cable (Sony Multi)
- DJI R Multi-Camera Control Cable (Micro-USB)
- DJI R Multi-Camera Control Cable (Mini-USB)
- DJI R Briefcase Handle
- DJI R Quick-Release Plate (Lower)
- DJI R Quick-Release Plate (Upper)
- DJI R Lens-Fastening Strap
- Carry Case