Free shipping on orders over $99
Buy a Canon EOS R Mirrorless 28-70mm f/2L Kit Online
Experience Canon’s mirrorless evolution for yourself and embrace the benefits of a Canon EOS RF with 28-70mm f/2L USM lens. Combining this sophisticated camera with a lens to form a kit, digiDirect makes it easy to capture the perfect shots with the best products. The EOS R combines a new lens mount with a redeveloped full-frame image sensor to create a unique multimedia camera system that is set to make the most of a new series of lenses and the latest in optical technologies.
This Canon EOS RF mirrorless camera is packed with everything you need and, combined with a 28-70mm f/2L USM lens, you have the ideal combination to start creating straight away. It features a high-resolution 30.3MP full-frame CMOS sensor along with a DIGIC 8 image processor. By combining these technologies you’re offered a wide sensitivity range up a native ISO 40000, fast continuous shooting to 8 fps, and UHD 4K30 video recording. In addition to imaging, the sensor also facilitates an advanced Dual Pixel CMOS AF system, which uses 5655 selectable points for quickly and accurately acquiring focus. This focusing system is spectacular even in impressively dark working conditions and sensitive down to EV -6. The AF system is also perfectly matched to the UHD 4K video recording capabilities, which are also rounded out by Movie Digital IS to minimise camera shake, built-in Canon Log gamma for a greater dynamic range, and 4K 10-bit 4:2:2 output over HDMI for even greater colour control.
Cleverly designed from top to bottom, the camera features a high-resolution 3.69m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder for clear and bright eye-level viewing. Working from high and low angles is made easier with a rear 3.15" 2.1m-dot LCD touchscreen complete with a swivel design. Also catering to the tactile cravings is a customisable Multi-Function bar for intuitively adjusting shooting settings. Peace of mind is also assured as it is protected from dust, water and harsh environments thanks to the magnesium alloy body.
Overview of the Canon EOS R mirrorless 28-70mm f/2L Kit Features
- Canon RF Lens Mount
- The EOS R is the first camera to support Canon's line of RF-mount lenses. This mount is characterised by its wide 54mm diameter and short 20mm flange-back distance, enabling lens designs that are both faster and smaller than their SLR equivalents. The mount also incorporates a 12-pin electronic contact system for more sophisticated autofocus and image stabilisation capabilities. This mount design is also compatible with existing EF and EF-S-mount lenses via an optional EF-EOS R Mount Adapter.
- 30.3MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 8 Image Processor
- The camera is complete with a large 30.3MP full-frame CMOS sensor which serves as an ideal balance between high-resolution output, low-light performance, and high-speed capabilities. When paired with the DIGIC 8 image processor, the EOS R affords a native sensitivity range of ISO 100-40000, which can be expanded to ISO 50-102400 for taking images in a variety of lighting conditions. Quick continuous shooting to 8 fps is also supported for photographing moving subjects.
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- Similar to a camcorder in how it acquires focus, the Dual Pixel CMOS AF offers smooth and fast focusing performance. This system combines two separate photodiodes within each pixel to provide a broad and dense network of 5655 phase-detection gathering elements across a majority of the image sensor to reduce focus hunting for faster, more direct control of focus placement. When working with still imagery, this focusing system will work to acquire focus quickly and accurately, making it ideal for shooting and tracking moving subjects so that critical focus is attained with each shot.
When it comes to shooting video, the Movie Servo AF mode offers smooth and natural focusing when changing from different subjects or distances within the scene, as well as the ability to specify tracking sensitivity, AF speed, and Face Tracking priority. Benefited by the Touch AF system, rack focus is possible simply by touching elements within the scene on the touchscreen in order to change focus. Subject tracking in movies is strengthened due to the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system's ability to recognise subjects and maintain focus when working within changing or cluttered scenery. Additionally, the focus system is sensitive down to EV -6 for working in truly low-light conditions with accurate AF capabilities.
- UHD 4K Video Recording and Canon Log Gamma
- Designed for multimedia image-maker, the EOS R supports UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) resolution recording at up to 30 fps at 480 Mb/s, along with Full HD 1080p shooting at 60 fps and HD 720p at 120 fps for slow motion playback. When recording in-camera, 4K video has 4:2:2 sampling and 8-bit colour depth, a 4:2:2 10-bit clean output in ITU-R CT.2020 is possible when using an external recorder.
Capture flat images with an improved dynamic range of 800%, or 12 stops with the integrated Canon Log. This function makes it easier to match cameras in post-production as well as provides the most latitude and potential for colour grading. A View Assist function is available for monitoring, which emulates a graded look for more accurate viewing on the camera's LCD.
Audio can be recorded using the on-board stereo microphone or the 3.5mm mic jack can be used for an optional external mic.
- Dual Pixel RAW
- First introduced with the EOS 5D Mark IV, Dual Pixel RAW allows photographers to record all the information the sensor's unique pixel architecture can deliver, providing a way for fine adjustments to be made after the image is taken. Adjustments include focus fine tuning that can help you ever-so-slightly adjust the focus point in order to bring out extra details, improve composition by shifting bokeh around, and reduce the impact of ghosting on your photos. This requires the use of Canon's Digital Photo Professional software.
- Body Design
- The integrated 3.69m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder has 0.71x magnification and provides a bright and clear means for eye-level viewing.
- Rear 3.15" 2.1m-dot LCD with a swivel design for easier use when working from high, low, and front-facing angles. It is also a touchscreen for intuitive control over shooting, playback, and menu navigation controls.
- Customisable Multi-Function Bar is on the rear of the camera near the viewfinder, and can be set to control four functions. It can be used to adjust ISO or white balance, to check focus/display focus info or AF modes, change to movie shooting modes, use flexible-priority AE, or be customised for other functions.
- Top panel incorporates a dot-matrix LCD, which provides quick access to important camera settings.
- One SD memory card slot supports the UHS-II protocol for faster read and write speeds to better support 4K video recording and fast continuous shooting.
- A lightweight and durable design made from magnesium alloy for water and dust resistance.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity for wireless sharing, control, and image transfer with a compatible smart device via the Canon Camera Connect app, which also supports geotagging your files using your mobile device's location data.
- Included LP-E6N rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides approximately 430 shots per charge, and in-camera charging is supported via the PD-E1 USB Power Adapter. This camera is also compatible with the LP-E6 battery, however is not supported for in-camera charging.
RF 28-70mm f/2L USM Lens
Combining the versatility of a zoom with the speed typically reserved for a prime, the Canon RF 28-70mm f/2L USM included in our kit is a wide-angle to portrait-length lens distinguished by its impressively unique f/2 constant maximum aperture. This bright design ensures excellent low-light performance along with enhanced control over depth of field for isolating subject matter. Ultra-Low Dispersion glass is employed in the optical design, and greatly reduces colour fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to realise high clarity and colour accuracy. Complementing the advanced optical properties is Canon's proven ring-type Ultrasonic Motor, which delivers fast and quiet autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus control. Additionally, unique to RF lenses, this 28-70mm incorporates a configurable Control Ring for intuitively adjusting exposure settings, including ISO, aperture, and exposure compensation, from the lens itself.
- Standard wide-angle to short-telephoto zoom lens is designed for use with full-frame Canon RF-mount mirrorless cameras.
- Impressively bright f/2 maximum aperture maintains consistent illumination throughout the zoom range and suits working in low-light conditions as well as affords increased control over depth of field for working with selective focus techniques.
- The optical design features Ultra-Low Dispersion (UD) elements, which help to suppress colour fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to achieve greater clarity and colour accuracy throughout the zoom range.
- A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM), along with an internal focusing design, optimised focusing algorithms, and a high-speed CPU, is used to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Configurable Control Ring can be used to adjust a variety of exposure settings, including aperture, ISO, and exposure compensation.
- As a member of the esteemed L-series, this lens has a weather-resistant design that protects against dust and moisture for use in inclement conditions.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Other Camera Features
- Achieve cleaner image quality with a Digital Lens Optimiser that helps to minimise the appearance of various optical aberrations in-camera.
- Multi shot noise reduction technology records four sequential exposures and then combines them in-camera to produce an image with smoother tones and lower noise to suit long exposure images.
- Images can be saved as Compact Raw (C-RAW / .CR3) files, which offer smaller file sizes for faster post-processing.
- Language Support: English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Ukraine, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Vietnamese, Hindi, Romanian, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Korean, Malay, Indonesian, and Japanese.
Canon EOS R Body
- MPN - 3075C007AA
- GTIN - 4549292119329
Canon RF 28-70mm f/2L Lens
- MPN - 2965C003AA
- GTIN - 4549292115642
Order your kit today
Available at a great price, ordering your Canon EOS R with 28-70mm f/2L USM Lens has never been easier. We also have options with a 24-105mm lens or simply buy the body only. For more information on our products, please contact our team on 1300 889 148.
|Lens Mount||Canon RF|
|Max Resolution||6720 x 4480|
|Sensor Size||CMOS, 36 x 24 mm|
|Image Stabilization||Digital, 5-Way|
|Memory Card Type||SD |
|Focus Mode||Continuous-Servo AF (C), Manual Focus (M), Single-servo AF (S)|
|Autofocus Points||Hybrid: 5655|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 100-40000 (Extended Mode: 50-102400)|
|Shutter Speeds||30 - 1/8000 Second , Bulb Mode|
|Metering Method||Center-Weighted Average Metering, Evaluative Metering, Partial Metering|
|Exposure Modes||Aperture Priority, Bulb, Custom, Intelligent Auto, Manual, Programmed Auto, Shutter Priority|
|White Balance||Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Custom, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent (White), Shade, Tungsten|
|Dust Reduction System||Yes|
|Video Clip Length (mins)||Up to 29 Min 59 Sec|
|Audio Recording||Built-In Mic: With Video (Stereo) |
Optional External Mic: With Video (Stereo)
|Connectivity||1/8" Microphone, HDMI C (Mini), USB Type-C|
|Battery||1 x LP-E6N Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, 7.2 VDC, 1865 mAh|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||135.8 x 98.3 x 84.4 mm|
|Weight||660 g with battery and memory card|
|Filter Thread||Front: 95 mm|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Optical Design||19 Elements in 13 Groups|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:5.555|
|Format Compatibility||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor|
|Camera Mount||Canon RF|
|Dimensions||103.8 x 139.8 mm|
|Angle of view||75 - 34|
|Filter size||Front: 95 mm|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||39 cm|
|Focus Type||Auto & Manual Focus|
|Video Format||3840 x 2160p at 23.98/24/29.97 fps |
1920 x 1080p at 23.98/24/29.97/59.94 fps
1280 x 720p at 29.97/59.94/120 fps
|Video Recording||Yes, NTSC/PAL|
|File Formats||Still Images: JPEG, RAW |
Audio: AAC, Linear PCM (Stereo)
|Pixels||Actual: 31.7 Megapixel |
Effective: 30.3 Megapixel
|Viewfinder Eye Point||23.00 mm|
|Viewfinder Magnification||Approx. 0.71x|
|Self Timer||10 Seconds, 2 Seconds|
|Flash Compensation||-3 EV to +3 EV (in 1/3 or 1/2 EV steps)|
|Display Screen||3.15" Rear Touchscreen Swivel LCD (2,100,000)|
|Diopter Adjustment||-4 to +2 m|
|Aspect Ratio||1:1, 3:2, 4:3, 16:9|
- Panasonic G7 Body Only - Black$655.00
- Leica M-E (Typ 220) Camera$6,399.00
- Sony Alpha a5100 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16-50mm Lens (Black)$705.00 Promotional Pricing $599.25
- Sony Alpha a7 II Mirrorless Digital Camera (Body Only)Sony Bonus $200 Eftpos Card
PURCHASE THIS SONY PRODUCT AND RECEIVE $200 EFTPOS CARD
TO REDEEM PLEASE GO TO WWW.SONY.COM.AU/EFTPOSGIFTCARD$1,698.00 Promotional Pricing $1,443.30
- Sony Alpha a7 Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera Body$1,258.00 Promotional Pricing $1,069.30
- Sony a7R II Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera BodySony Bonus $100 Eftpos Card
PURCHASE THIS SONY LENS AND RECEIVE $100 EFTPOS CARD
TO REDEEM PLEASE GO TO WWW.SONY.COM.AU/EFTPOSGIFTCARD$2,645.00 Promotional Pricing $2,248.25
- Olympus OM-D E-M5 MKII Pro Kit ED 12-40mm f/2.8 - Silver$1,677.00 Promotional Pricing $1,599.00
- Olympus OM-D E-M5 MKII Pro Kit ED 12-40mm f/2.8 - Black$1,677.00 Promotional Pricing $1,599.00
- Olympus OM-D E-M5 MKII Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera Body - Black$1,010.00 Promotional Pricing $999.00
- Sony a7 Single Kit with FE 28-70mm f3.5-5.6 OSS Lens$1,448.00 Promotional Pricing $1,230.80
- Olympus OM-D E-M5 MKII Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera Body - Silver$1,010.00 Promotional Pricing $999.00
- Olympus OM-D E-M5 MKII Adventure Kit ED 14-150mm F4-5.6 II Lens - Silver$1,398.00 Promotional Pricing $1,299.00
- OM-D E-M10 Mark II Black Body$645.00
- Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16-50mm Lens (Black)$848.00 Promotional Pricing $720.80