The Canon EOS M5 IS STM Kit: High Versatility in One Online Package
Adept in both stills and video arenas, the EOS M5 from Canon is a versatile mirrorless camera featuring a 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC 7 image processor. The Canon EOS M5 IS STM Kit available online at digiDirect also includes the compact yet impressive 15-45mm IS STM to allow you to start shooting immediately. Combined, these technologies afford a wide sensitivity range, from ISO 100-25600, along with quick performance for up to 9 fps continuous shooting and Full HD 1080p/60 video recording. The sensor's design also provides Dual Pixel CMOS AF, which offers quick and accurate phase-detection autofocus for multimedia use. This focusing system is particularly well-suited to subject tracking, and pairs with Digital IS 5-axis image stabilisation for steadier, shake-free video recording.
A Feature-Laden Kit from Canon
Complementing the imaging capabilities, Canon’s camera design is equally versatile due to the inclusion of both a 2.36m-dot electronic viewfinder along with a large 3.2" 1.62m-dot LCD tilting touchscreen. The touchscreen design enables Touch and Drag AF for intuitive focusing point control, and an array of additional physical dials and control buttons provide an efficient means for settings changes. Additionally, the camera sports built-in Wi-Fi with NFC for quick and convenient pairing with a smartphone or tablet for wireless image sharing, and Bluetooth is also featured for image sharing to and remote camera control from a mobile device.
Included with the camera body is the standard zoom EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens, which provides a 24-72mm equivalent focal length range. The STM stepping motor delivers quick, quiet autofocus performance and the Optical Image Stabilizer compensates for 3.5 stops of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. The lens' optical design also incorporates a trio of aspherical elements to control chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range for sharper, clearer image quality.
- 24.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 7 Image Processor
- Both a 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC 7 image processor are used to deliver high sensitivity and fast camera performance to suit both stills and video applications. A flexible ISO 100-25600 range suits working in a variety of lighting conditions, and the processing capabilities minimize noise for notable clarity. The processor also contributes to a fast 7 fps continuous shooting rate, which can be quickened to 9 fps with AF lock, for photographing fast-moving subjects.
- Full HD 1080p mirrorless video recording is also supported in 60 and 50 fps frame rates. Additionally, the processor affords a fast camera start-up time and short interval times between each frame for a more intuitive and efficient shooting process.
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF offers smooth and fast focusing performance in a similar manner to how a camcorder acquires focus. This system integrates two separate photodiodes within each pixel to provide a broad and dense network of phase-detection gathering elements across a majority of the image sensor to reduce focus hunting for faster, more direct control of focus placement. When working with still imagery, this focusing system works to acquire focus quickly and accurately, making it ideally suited to shooting and tracking moving subjects so that critical focus is attained with each shot.
- When shooting video, a Movie Servo AF mode offers smooth and natural focusing when changing from different subjects or different distances within the scene, as well as the ability to specify tracking sensitivity, AF speed, and Face Tracking priority. Benefited by the Touch AF system, rack focus is possible simply by touching elements within the scene on the touchscreen in order to change focus in an intuitive manner. Subject tracking in movies is also heightened due to the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system's ability to recognize subjects and maintain focus when working within changing or cluttered scenery.
- Digital IS
- Supporting video applications, Digital IS with 5-axis image stabilisation minimizes the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. This benefits recording while walking or moving, and can also be used in conjunction with lenses featuring optical IS for more effective overall stabilisation.
Canon EOS M5 Body Design and Online Functionality
- A high-resolution 2.36m-dot electronic viewfinder affords a bright, clear means for natural eye-level viewing to suit working in bright conditions.
- Large 3.2" 1.62m-dot touchscreen LCD provides an intuitive method for controlling focusing points, navigating menus, and reviewing imagery. This screen also features a tilting design (85° up, 180° down) to better enable working from high and low angles.
- Touch and Drag AF lets you manually move the AF frame while shooting for more precise control.
- Physical controls allow for intuitive settings adjustments, and include a front dial, quick control dial, dial function button, and exposure compensation dial. Each of these can be customized to adjust specific functions for more personalized control.
- Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC allows for easy wireless online sharing of photos and movies captured with your Canon EOS M5 IS STM Kit to a linked mobile device.
- Bluetooth permits linking a smartphone or tablet for quick image sharing between devices as well as remote control capabilities.
EOS M5 EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM Lens Kit
Included with the Canon EOS M5 IS STM Kit available online at digiDirect is the versatile standard zoom EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens, which provides a 24-72mm equivalent focal length range. Three aspherical elements help to control chromatic aberrations and distortions throughout the zoom range and an optimised lens placement works to reduce flare and ghosting. An Optical Image Stabilizer works to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to 3.5 stops for sharper handheld shooting and an STM stepping motor provides fast, smooth, and near-silent autofocus performance.
- MPN - M5KISBLA
- GTIN - 013803283518
|Lens Mount||Canon EF-M|
|Body Type||Rangefinder-style mirrorless|
|Lens Focal Length||15 - 45mm|
|Maximum Resolution||5184 x 3456|
|Effective Megapixels||24.1 Megapixel|
|Max Resolution||24 MP: 6000 x 4000|
|Sensor Size||CMOS, 22.3 x 14.9 mm|
|White Balance Presets||9|
|Memory Card Type||SD |
|Focus Mode||Continuous-Servo AF (C), Manual Focus (M), Single-servo AF (S)|
|Autofocus Points||Contrast Detection: 143 |
Phase Detection: 99
|Focal length multiplier||1.6x|
|LCD Screen Size||7.62 cm|
|Touch Screen||Rear Touchscreen Swivel LCD (1,040,000)|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 100-25600 (Extended Mode: 100-51200)|
|Shutter Speeds||30 - 1/4000 Second|
|Metering Method||Center-Weighted Average Metering, Evaluative Metering, Partial Metering, Spot Metering|
|Screen Type||Clear View II TFT LCD|
|Exposure Modes||Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority|
|Max Shutter Speed||1/4000 sec|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||Up to 10 fps at 24.2 MP for up to 10 Frames in Raw Format |
Up to 10 fps at 24.2 MP for up to 33 Frames in JPEG Format
Up to 4 fps at 24.2 MP for up to 15 Frames in Raw Format
Up to 4 fps at 24.2 MP for up to 1000 Frames in JPEG Format
Up to 7.4 fps at 24.2 MP for up to 47 Frames in JPEG Format
|Continuous drive||up to 7 fps|
|White Balance||Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Custom, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent (White), Shade, Tungsten|
|Exposure compensation||±3 EV (at 1/3 EV, 1/2 EV steps)|
|Dust Reduction System||Yes|
|Max Video Resolution||1920 x 1080 (29.97, 25, 23.976 fps)|
|Max Sync Speed||1 / 200 Second|
|Max Video Resolution||3840 x 2160p at 23.98 fps 1920 x 1080p at 59.94 fps60 Mb/s |
1920 x 1080p at 23.98/29.97 fps30 Mb/s
1280 x 720p at 120 fps52 Mb/s
1280 x 720p at 59.94 fps26 Mb/s
|USB||USB 2.0 (480 Mbit/sec)|
|HDMI||Yes (HDMI Mini)|
|Video Clip Length (mins)||59.9|
|Wireless||(IEEE802.11b/g/n), Dynamic NFC support, Bluetooth|
|Audio Recording||Built-In Mic: With Video (Stereo) |
Optional External Mic: With Video
|Battery||Canon Lithium-Ion LP-E17 rechargeable battery|
|Connectivity||1/8" Microphone, HDMI D (Micro), USB 2.0 Micro-B|
|Battery Life||aprox 295|
|Battery||1 x LP-E12 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, 7.2 VDC, 875 mAh|
|Dimensions||115.6 x 89.2 x 60.6 mm|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||116.3 x 88.1 x 58.7 mm|
|Lens Filter Size||49 mm|
|File Formats||Still Images: JPEG, RAW |
|Camera Format||APS-C (1.6x Crop Factor)|
Canon EOS M5 with 15-45mm IS STM Kit
- Canon EOS M5 x 1
- EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM Lens (Graphite) x 1
- R-F-4 Camera Cover (Body Cap) for EOS M Mirrorless Camera x 1
- EM-300DB Strap x 1
- LP-E17 Lithium-Ion Battery Pack x 1
- LC-E17 Charger for LP-E17 Battery Pack x 1
- Terminal Cover x 1
- IFC-600PCU Interface Cable (3.3') x 1
- Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16-50mm Lens (Black)$979.00Earn 1,958 Qantas Points
- Leica M-P (Typ 240) Camera Body - Silver ( 10772 )$8,899.00Earn 17,798 Qantas Points
- Leica M-P (Typ 240) Camera Body - Black ( 10773 )$8,699.00Earn 17,398 Qantas Points
- Sony Alpha a7 II Mirrorless Digital Camera (Body Only)$1,599.00Earn 3,198 Qantas Points
- Panasonic G7 Body Only - Black$859.00Earn 1,718 Qantas Points
- Panasonic G7 Twin Kit with 14-42 and 45-150mm - Black Body$1,149.00Earn 2,298 Qantas Points
- Sony a7R II Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera Body$2,599.00Earn 5,198 Qantas Points
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G85 Digital Camera (Body Only)$1,099.00Earn 2,198 Qantas Points