Ex-Display: Canon EOS M5 Body (Ex-Display)
Condition: Great condition, full warranty
Images shown are not of the actual product, and are for reference purposes only. Actual unit may show some signs of use, minor marks or scratches.
The Canon EOS M5 Camera Body: Add Mirrorless Images to Your Online Portfolio
Adept in both stills and video arenas as evident online, the EOS M5 body from Canon is a versatile mirrorless camera featuring a 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC 7 image processor. Combined, these technologies afford a wide sensitivity range, from ISO 100-25600, along with quick performance for up to 9 fps continuous shooting and Full HD 1080p/60 video recording. The sensor's design also provides Dual Pixel CMOS AF, which offers quick and accurate phase-detection autofocus for multimedia use. This focusing system is particularly well-suited to subject tracking, and pairs with Digital IS 5-axis image stabilisation for steadier, shake-free video recording.
Canon EOS M5 Body Design
Complementing the imaging capabilities, the Canon’s camera design is equally versatile due to the inclusion of both a 2.36m-dot electronic viewfinder along with a large 3.2" 1.62m-dot LCD tilting touchscreen. The touchscreen design enables Touch and Drag AF for intuitive focusing point control, and an array of additional physical dials and control buttons provide an efficient means for settings changes. Additionally, the camera sports built-in Wi-Fi with NFC for quick and convenient pairing with a smartphone or tablet for wireless image sharing, and Bluetooth is also featured for image sharing to and remote camera control from a mobile device.
24.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 7 Image Processor
Both a 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC 7 image processor are used to deliver high sensitivity and fast camera performance to suit both stills and video applications. A flexible ISO 100-25600 range suits working in a variety of lighting conditions, and the processing capabilities minimize noise for notable clarity. The processor also contributes to a fast 7 fps continuous shooting rate, which can be quickened to 9 fps with AF lock, for photographing fast-moving subjects. Full HD 1080p video recording is also supported in 60 and 50 fps frame rates. Additionally, the processor affords a fast camera start-up time and short interval times between each frame for a more intuitive and efficient shooting process.
Dual Pixel CMOS AF
Dual Pixel CMOS AF offers smooth and fast focusing performance in a similar manner to how a camcorder acquires focus. This system integrates two separate photodiodes within each pixel to provide a broad and dense network of phase-detection gathering elements across a majority of the image sensor to reduce focus hunting for faster, more direct control of focus placement. When working with still imagery, this focusing system works to acquire focus quickly and accurately, making it ideally suited to shooting and tracking moving subjects so that critical focus is attained with each shot.
When shooting video, a Movie Servo AF mode offers smooth and natural focusing when changing from different subjects or different distances within the scene, as well as the ability to specify tracking sensitivity, AF speed, and Face Tracking priority. Benefited by the Touch AF system, rack focus is possible simply by touching elements within the scene on the touchscreen in order to change focus in an intuitive manner. Subject tracking in movies is also heightened due to the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system's ability to recognize subjects and maintain focus when working within changing or cluttered scenery.
Canon EOS M5 Camera Body Digital IS
Supporting video applications, Digital IS with 5-axis image stabilisation minimises the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. This benefits recording while walking or moving, and can also be used in conjunction with lenses featuring optical IS for more effective overall stabilisation.
Canon EOS M5 Camera Body Design and Online Features
- A high-resolution 2.36m-dot electronic viewfinder affords a bright, clear means for natural eye-level viewing to suit working in bright conditions.
- Large 3.2" 1.62m-dot touchscreen LCD provides an intuitive method for controlling focusing points, navigating menus, and reviewing imagery. This screen also features a tilting design (85° up, 180° down) to better enable working from high and low angles.
- Touch and Drag AF lets you manually move the AF frame while shooting for more precise control.
- Canon’s physical controls on the EOS M5 camera body allow for intuitive – no more confusing online searches – settings adjustments, and include a front dial, quick control dial, dial function button, and exposure compensation dial. Each of these can be customized to adjust specific functions for more personalized control.
- Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC allows for easy wireless online sharing of both photos and movies to a linked mobile device.
- Bluetooth permits linking a smartphone or tablet for quick image sharing between devices as well as remote control capabilities.
- MPN - M5B
- GTIN - 4549292078695
|Lens Mount||Canon EF-M|
|Body Type||Rangefinder-style mirrorless|
|Maximum Resolution||5184 x 3456|
|Effective Megapixels||24.2 Megapixel|
|Sensor Size||CMOS, 22.3 x 14.9 mm|
|Image Stabilization||Digital, 5-Way|
|White Balance Presets||9|
|Memory Card Type||SD|
|Focal length multiplier||1.6x|
|LCD Screen Size||3.2“|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 100-25600|
|Screen Type||Clear View II TFT LCD|
|Exposure Modes||Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority|
|Max Shutter Speed||1/4000 sec|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||Up to 9 fps at 24.2 MP|
Up to 7 fps at 24.2 MP
|Continuous drive||up to 7 fps|
|Exposure compensation||±3 EV (at 1/3 EV, 1/2 EV steps)|
|Max Video Resolution||1920 x 1080 (29.97, 25, 23.976 fps)|
|USB||USB 2.0 (480 Mbit/sec)|
|Focus (Video)||Auto & Manual|
|HDMI||Yes (HDMI Mini)|
|Video Clip Length (mins)||Up to 29 Min 59 Sec|
|Wireless||(IEEE802.11b/g/n), Dynamic NFC support, Bluetooth|
|Battery||Canon Lithium-Ion LP-E17 rechargeable battery|
|Battery Life||aprox 295|
|Battery||1 x LP-E17 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, 7.2 VDC, 1040 mAh|
|Dimensions||115.6 x 89.2 x 60.6 mm|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||Approx. 4.6 x 3.5 x 2.4“ (115.6 x 89.2 x 60.6mm)|
|Video Recording||Yes, NTSC/PAL|
|Aspect Ratio||3:2, 16:9|
Canon EOS M5 Body
- Canon EOS M5 Body x 1
- R-F-4 Camera Cover (Body Cap) for EOS M Mirrorless Camera x 1
- EM-300DB Strap x 1
- LP-E17 Lithium-Ion Battery Pack x 1
- LC-E17 Charger for LP-E17 Battery Pack x 1
- Terminal Cover x 1
- IFC-600PCU Interface Cable (3.3') x 1
- Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16-50mm Lens (Black)Don't pay $929.00 $789.65Earn 1,579 Qantas Points
- Leica M-P (Typ 240) Camera Body - Silver ( 10772 )Don't pay $8,899.00 $7,564.15Earn 15,128 Qantas Points
- Sony Alpha a7 II Mirrorless Digital Camera (Body Only)Don't pay $1,599.00 $1,359.15Earn 2,718 Qantas Points
- Panasonic G7 Body Only - BlackDon't pay $859.00 $730.15Earn 1,460 Qantas Points
- Panasonic G7 Twin Kit with 14-42 and 45-150mm - Black BodyDon't pay $1,149.00 $976.65Earn 1,953 Qantas Points
- Sony a7R II Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera BodyDon't pay $2,599.00 $2,209.15Earn 4,418 Qantas Points
- Canon EOS M5 w/ 15-45mm IS STM - (Ex-Display)Don't pay $888.00 $754.80Earn 1,510 Qantas Points
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G85 Digital Camera (Body Only)Don't pay $1,099.00 $934.15Earn 1,868 Qantas Points