Free shipping on orders over $99
The Canon EOS 6D Mark II Body: a stellar value proposition online
Step up into the full-frame game with the EOS 6D Mark II DSLR Camera from Canon, available online as an affordable body only option from digiDirect. Making high-performance full-frame imaging more accessible, the 6D Mark II makes numerous advancements over its predecessor to improve upon every aspect of image capture and creation.
The main update comes in the form of a 26.2MP CMOS sensor and the use of the DIGIC 7 Image Processor to deliver sharper, more vivid imagery in a variety of shooting situations. This setup offers an improved native sensitivity range of ISO 100-40000, which can then be expanded to ISO 50-102400, as well as speedy shooting rates of up to 6.5 fps. The body only option allows astute users the opportunity to find the perfect lenses for their Canon EOS 6D Mark II online.
Not only an aesthetic body: features of Canon’s EOS 6D Mark II
Ensuring your images are tack sharp is a 45-point all-cross type AF system, which is able to track subjects with accuracy. This marks a significant improvement over Canon’s predecessor and will result in faster acquisition of your subject. Along with a revamped AF system, the sensor features Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology to provide a boost to focusing in live view and video shooting, which itself has been bumped up to Full HD at 60p. This setup works well with the 3" 1.04m-dot vari-angle touchscreen LCD, which permits use at various angles and with intuitive controls.
For hybrid stills/video shooters, you will enjoy the enhanced video quality as well as the ability to plug in an external mic via a 3.5mm input. Users will also have the ability to create 4K time-lapse movies as well as HDR video with dedicated settings and modes. Additionally, the body design has received an upgrade with improved ergonomics and durability, including dust and water resistance. Users will have access to many connectivity options as well, such as Wi-Fi, NFC, and Bluetooth, for connecting to a smart device, and built-in GPS for geotagging your photos.
- 26.2MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 7 Image Processor
- Offering boosts to both resolution and low-light performance, the EOS 6D Mark II uses a newly developed 26.2MP full-frame CMOS sensor that works in tandem with a DIGIC 7 Image Processor to create sharp, vivid imagery and video. This contributes to high performance in low light with native sensitivity range of ISO 100-40000, which can then be expanded to ISO 50-102400, if desired.
Assisting with the capture of properly exposed images is a 7560-pixel RGB+IR metering sensor that helps minimize the impact of flickering lights in your images and ensures accurate reading of the entire scene.
- 45-Point All-Cross Type AF and Dual Pixel CMOS AF Systems
- Ensuring your subject is tack sharp, the EOS 6D Mark II incorporates an all-cross type AF system, which offers 45 phase-detect points, for advanced tracking and focusing while using the optical finder for stills. This AF system can operate in lighting conditions as low as -3 EV and will work with various lenses with maximum aperture of f/8 and smaller, though with a maximum of 27 points. Five different AF area selection modes are available as well, for optimizing performance to your subject matter.
When using Live View and recording video, you can now use Dual Pixel CMOS AF on the actual imaging sensor. This offers wide coverage of phase-detection autofocus for faster and more accurate focusing in these modes. It is ideal for video as users will enjoy smoother rack focusing without the downsides normally encountered with contrast-based systems. Also, this works well with the touchscreen functions, allowing avid DSLR photographers to just tap to adjust focus.
- Full HD video recording
- For multimedia creation, the 6D Mark II comes equipped with powerful Full HD video recording options. The 6D Mark II offers improved speed with a maximum frame rate of 60p when capturing Full HD video. It also offers Digital IS with 5-axis image stabilization to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. This benefits recording while walking or moving, and can also be used in conjunction with lenses featuring optical IS for more effective overall stabilization. Audio is high quality as well, with the ability to use either the built-in microphone or an external microphone via a 3.5mm input.
- Canon EOS 6D Mark II (Body Only) design
- A large 3.0" 1.04m-dot vari-angle LCD monitor is available for bright, vivid image playback and live view shooting, and its touchscreen interface features an anti-smudge design and can be used for intuitive touch-to-focus control and adjusting settings in the menus.
- A single SD card slot is available for saving photos and video.
- Optical viewfinder offers approximately 98% coverage of the frame and has a magnification of 0.71x.
- The durable body design is dust- and weather-sealed to permit working in harsh environments.
- Other online and offline Canon EOS 6D camera features & specifications
- A built-in GPS module allows you to geotag imagery in-camera as well as auto time sync with the Universal Time Code via satellites. This module is compatible with American GPS, Russian GLONASS, and Japanese quasi-zenith Michibiki satellites for a wide coverage of support.
- A built-in intervalometer permits the creation of UHD 4K time-lapse imagery and supports recording consecutive frames in pre-selected intervals.
- If online access isn’t available for your Canon EOS 6D, the Mark II camera body is not only limited to online sharing. Bluetooth permits linking a smartphone or tablet for quick image sharing between devices as well as remote control capabilities.
- Those looking to upload images from the Canon EOS 6D Mark II online need only utilise features built into the body. Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity enable wireless sharing, control, and image transfer with a compatible smart device as well as the CS100 Connect Station.
- MPN - 6DIIB
- GTIN - N/A
Buy the EOS 6D Mark II at a great price
digiDirect has you covered when it comes the EOS 6D Mark II. We offer great prices across the board that you are sure to love. Buy online or visit one of our Australian stores to chat with a member of the team. Our experts are more than happy to chat about everything from specifications to features, accessoires and more. Get in touch with us today to buy the EOS 6D Mark II at a fantastic price.We can help with tripods, memory cards, Canon cameras and printers too.
|Lens Mount||Canon EF|
|Effective Megapixels||26.2 Megapixel|
|Max Resolution||26 MP: 6240 x 4160|
|Sensor Size||35.9 x 24 mm|
|Image Stabilization||Digital, 5-Way|
|Focus Mode||Automatic (A), Continuous-Servo AF (C), Manual Focus (M), Single-servo AF (S)|
|Autofocus Points||Phase Detection: 45 (45 Cross-Type)|
|LCD Screen Size||3"|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 100-40000 (Extended Mode: 50-102400)|
|Shutter Speeds||Type: Mechanical |
Speed: 30 - 1/4000 Second , Bulb Mode
|Metering Method||Center-Weighted Average Metering, Evaluative Metering, Partial Metering, Spot Metering|
|Exposure Modes||Modes: Aperture Priority, Auto, Manual, Programmed Auto, Shutter Priority |
Metering Range: EV 1.0 - EV 20.0
Compensation: -5 EV to +5 EV (in 1/3 or 1/2 EV Steps)
|Continuous Shooting Speed||Up to 6.5 fps at 26.2 MP |
Up to 3 fps at 26.2 MP
|White Balance||Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Custom, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent (White), Shade, Tungsten|
|Dust Reduction System||Yes|
|Max Sync Speed||Mechanical Shutter:1 / 180 Second|
|Focus (Video)||Auto |
|Audio Recording||Built-In Mic: With Video (Stereo) |
Optional External Mic: With Video (Stereo)
|Connectivity||1/8“ Microphone, Canon N3, HDMI C (Mini), Mini-USB, USB 2.0|
|Battery||1 x LP-E6N Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, 7.2 VDC, 1865 mAh|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||5.7 x 4.4 x 2.9“ / 144.0 x 110.5 x 74.8 mm|
|Body Type||Digital SLR|
|Sensor Size||35.9 x 24.0 mm|
|ISO Range||100-4000 L:50 Equivalent H1: 51200 Equivalent, H2: 102400|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||6.5 fps|
|Shutter Speed||1/4000 - 30 seconds, B|
|Wireless Connectivity Method||Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC|
|AF Sensor||45 points ( all cross-type, 27 points, f/8 compatible )|
|Ae Light Metering sensor||7560 pixels RGB+IR|
- Nikon D750 Digital SLR Camera and AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Lens$3,243.00 Promotional Pricing $3,033.00
- Nikon D500 DSLR Camera with AF 16-80mm Lens$3,698.00 Promotional Pricing $3,348.00
- Nikon D500 DSLR Camera (Body Only)$3,093.00 Promotional Pricing $2,373.00
- Canon EOS 760D DSLR Camera Body$954.00
- Nikon D810 Digital SLR Camera Body$2,799.00
- Canon EOS 1DX Digital SLR Camera Body$6,499.00
- Nikon D750 Digital SLR Camera Body$2,649.00 Promotional Pricing $2,309.00
- Canon EOS 5DS DSLR$3,247.00