The Best of Both Worlds: Buy a Nikon Z7 Mirrorless Digital Camera with FTZ Mount Adapter Kit
Combing a new camera with your favourite F-mount lenses has now never been easier. At digiDirect, we offer a Nikon Z7 mirrorless digital camera and FTZ mount adapter kit online. This bundle is available at a great price and is the perfect way to get the best of both worlds.
Nikon has taken the next step in providing photographers with imaging perfection with the Z7 Mirrorless Camera, dubbed "The Perfectionist," and the revolutionary Z System. The Z7 is among the first in the series, and brings with it a 45.7MP BSI CMOS sensor and EXPEED 6 Image Processing Engine, delivering outstanding image quality and speed with a native sensitivity range of ISO 64-25600.This high-resolution FX-format camera introduces the Z Mount, a large diameter design with a short 16mm flange distance that allows Nikon to create compact, yet powerful cameras and develop more advanced optics.
An advanced phase-detect autofocus system on the sensor uses 493 points covering 90% of the image area and the sensor features 5-axis Vibration Reduction technology ensures stabilised photos and video regardless of the lens you use. For those making videos, the advanced hybrid is a plus. The Z7 features UHD 4K recording at up to 30p and can use the N-Log gamma profile along with the camera's 10-bit HDMI output to create cinema-quality video. The camera's high-resolution sensor also permits the use of an 8K Time-Lapse mode.
As with many mirrorless digital camera systems, the Z Series boasts a smaller form factor than its DSLR counterparts. The Z7 has been slimmed down and given a lighter build while still maintaining its ergonomics and weather resistance. As well as a better form, the camera ensures ease of use with multiple screens and displays, including a 0.80x 3.6m-dot EVF with NIKKOR optics and a Fluorine coating, ensuring clear viewing. The rear of the camera is equipped with a 3.2" 2.1m-dot tilting touchscreen LCD while the top offers a dot-matrix OLED for quickly checking settings. Storage consists of a XQD card slot that is compatible with CFexpress for faster speeds in the future. The Z7 digital camera is also equipped with both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
Why you should consider this camera
- Nikon Z System
- Nikon's full-frame mirrorless system promises to deliver class-leading image quality and optics in a compact form factor. The Z mount makes much of this possible with a 17% larger inner diameter than the F mount, enabling the use of more advanced optics and lens designs, including ultra-fast f/0.95 options. To minimise camera and lens size, the Z mount features a 65% shorter flange distance, measuring just 16mm, which allows for dramatically slimmed down body designs. The larger mount also supports faster and larger-volume communications between the body and lens to improve overall performance throughout the system
- 45.7MP FX-Format BSI CMOS Sensor and EXPEED 6 Processor
- A 45.7MP BSI CMOS sensor is used for high-resolution shooting, impressive low-light quality, and fast readout speeds to improve continuous shooting, movies, and time-lapse recording. The back-illuminated design of the sensor affords noticeably cleaner high-sensitivity output for reduced noise when working at high ISO values, up to a native ISO 25600, as well as vivid and smooth quality at sensitivities as low as ISO 64. The sensor's design also omits the conventional optical low-pass filter in order to achieve the greatest sharpness and resolution from the sensor. Benefitting the sensor is the apt EXPEED 6 image processor, which affords a wealth of speed throughout the camera system, including the ability to shoot continuously at 9 fps in raw.
- 4K UHD Video Recording and 8K Time-Lapse
- The Z7 is a more than capable multimedia camera, using the sensor and processor attributes for more than just still imagery. Video recording is possible at UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) using either the full-frame area or a DX crop area in 30p, 25p, or 24p frame rates. Full HD 1080p video recording is also supported at up to 120p for slow motion playback, and video files can be saved to the in-camera memory cards or as an uncompressed file to an optional external recorder via HDMI out.
Advanced video functionalities have been added with the Z7. The N-Log gamma assists in capturing flat-looking footage that maximises dynamic range. Other additions include the ability to output high-quality 10-bit data over HDMI and an Electronic VR function for smooth handheld shooting. Focus Peaking can be used to benefit manual focus control and a Zebra Stripes option is also available to help detect over-exposed areas within the frame. Audio recording is possible through the built-in stereo, however an optional external mic can be used via the 3.5mm stereo jack for greater control over quality, and live monitoring is possible via the headphone jack.
The Z7 also blends both still and video capabilities with the ability to produce 8K time-lapses using the Interval Timer Mode or in-camera 4K time-lapse movies, with the ability to record up to 9999 exposures for either method. This system also makes use of a silent interval timer, which produces no shutter noise, does not contribute to wear on the shutter mechanism, and is energy efficient to maximise battery life.
- 493-Point Phase-Detect AF System
- Located on the sensor is an array of 493 phase-detect autofocus points covering 90% of the image area both vertically and horizontally. This provides fast and accurate focusing for both stills and video and with a wide coverage area, subject tracking will work out to near the edges of the frame. Hybrid AF is available for video, which will automatically switch between phase- and contrast-detect systems to provide smooth focus during shooting. Additionally, the latest NIKKOR Z lenses are optimised for silent operation.
- Body Design
- Built-in 5-axis sensor-shift Vibration Reduction mechanism for up to 5 stops of stabilisation regardless of the lens used. This system also works with adapted lenses when using the optional FTZ Adapter where 3-axis stabilisation is used.
- A large 3.2" 2.1m-dot LCD screen is available for bright, clear, and vivid image playback and live view shooting. The tilting design of the screen is suitable for working from both high and low angles and as a touchscreen it provides a more intuitive experience.
- A 3.6m-dot electronic finder is present for comfortable eye-level viewing. It has a high 0.80x magnification and uses NIKKOR optics to guarantee a sharp, clear image. The finder also has a Fluorine coating for easier cleaning.
- Gain quick access to all of those important camera settings with a dot-matrix OLED low-energy display on the top panel of the Z7.
- Quickly save images with one XQD memory card slot. The slot is compatible with CFexpress, enabling support for future media.
- A robust magnesium-alloy chassis, which is both dust- and weather-resistant to for working in harsh climates and inclement conditions.
- The ergonomic grip and overall form factor is made for comfort during extended periods. The anti-slip material and a joystick offers seamless settings and focus point selection.
- Built-in SnapBridge connectivity enables seamless transfer of low-resolution imagery as well as remote shooting capabilities. BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) and Wi-Fi provides communication between the camera and a smart device. Additionally, the mobile device can remotely trigger the shutter and display a live view image from the camera.
The FTZ mount adapter is perfect for those wishing to use their F-mount lens whilst getting the benefits of the Z-mount mirrorless camera bodies. The adapter makes the camera compatible with nearly any Nikon F-mount lens, expanding your usable range and capabilities. While compatible with approximately 360 distinct F-mount lenses, this adapter is especially ideal for use with over 90 E, G, and D-type lenses, where it fully maintains autofocus and auto-exposure capabilities for seamless use of the SLR lenses on the mirrorless body. The adapter also incorporates a 1/4"-20 mount on the base to provide a more balanced means for working on a tripod with longer, heavier lenses.
- Lens Compatibility
- Full AF/AE supported when using:
- AF-S type G/D/E lenses
- AF-P type G/E lenses
- AF-I type D lenses
- AF-S / AF-I teleconverters
- MPN - VOK010WA
- GTIN - 4960759901064
Order your Nikon Z7 and mount adapter kit online
Ready to buy your Nikon Z7 digital camera with FTZ mount adapter? Placing an order online is simple. Haven’t decided on a camera yet? Take a look at some of our other popular choices such as the Canon EOS R or the Nikon Z6 digital camera. If you need help with product comparisons or need further information, simply get in touch with our team by calling 1300 889 148 or visiting one of our stores.
|Lens Mount||Nikon Z7 Mirrorless Digital Camera: Nikon Z |
Nikon FTZ Mount Adapter: Nikon F
|Effective Megapixels||45.7 Megapixel|
|Max Resolution||45.7 MP: 8256 x 5504|
|Image Stabilization||Sensor-Shift, 5-Way|
|Memory Card Type||XQD|
|Focus Mode||Continuous-Servo AF (C), Full-time Servo (F), Manual Focus (M), Single-servo AF (S)|
|Autofocus Points||Phase Detection: 493|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 64 to 25600 (Extended Mode:32 to 102400)|
|Shutter Speeds||30 to 1/8000 Second , Bulb Mode|
|Metering Method||Center-Weighted Average Metering, Matrix, Spot Metering, Highlight Weighted|
|Exposure Modes||Modes: Aperture Priority, Auto, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority |
Metering Range: EV -3.0 to EV 17.0
Compensation: -5 EV to +5 EV (in 1/3 or 1/2 EV Steps)
|Continuous Shooting Speed||Up to 9 fps at 45.7 MP |
Up to 5.5 fps at 45.7 MP
|White Balance||Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Direct Sunlight, Flash, Fluorescent, Incandescent, Preset Manual, Shade|
|Dust Reduction System||Yes|
|Max Sync Speed||1 / 200 Second|
|Video Clip Length (mins)||Up to 29 Minutes 59 Seconds|
|Audio Recording||Built-In Mic: With Video (Stereo) |
Optional External Mic: With Video
|Connectivity||1/8" Headphone |
HDMI C (Mini)
|Battery||1 x EN-EL15b Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||134.0 x 100.5 x 67.5 mm|
|Weight||585 g camera body only|
|Tripod Mounting Thread||1/4"-20|
|Viewfinder Eye Point||21.00 mm|
|Viewfinder Pixel Count||3,690,000|
|Focus Type||Auto & Manual Focus|
|Video Format||3840 x 2160p at 23.98/25/29.97 fps (H.264) |
1920 x 1080p at 23.98/25/29.97/50/59.94/100/120 fps (H.264)
|Video Recording||Yes, NTSC/PAL|
|Sensor Type||CMOS, 35.9 x 23.9 mm|
|Aspect Ratio||1:1, 3:2, 4:5, 16:9|
|Diopter Adjustment||-4 to +2 m|
|Display Screen||3.2" Rear Touchscreen Tilting LCD (2,100,000)|
|Camera Mount||Nikon Z|
|Self Timer||20 Seconds, 10 Seconds, 5 Seconds, 2 Seconds|
|External Flash Connection||Hot Shoe|
|Dedicated Flash System||iTTL|
|Flash Compensation||-3 EV to +1 EV (in 1/3 or 1/2 EV steps)|
|File Formats||Still Images: JPEG, RAW |
Movies: MOV, MP4
Audio: AAC, Linear PCM (Stereo)
- Z7 Mirrorless Digital Camera (Body Only) x 1
- EN-EL15b Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery x 1
- MH-25A Battery Charger for EN-EL15 Li-Ion Battery x 1
- EH-7P Charging AC Adapter x 1
- UC-E24 USB Cable x 1
- HDMI/USB Cable Clip x 1
- BS-1 Hot-Shoe Cover x 1
- AN-DC19 Camera Strap x 1
- BF-N1 Body Cap x 1
- DK-29 Rubber Eyecup x 1
- FTZ Mount Adapter x 1
- Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II - Black BodyDon't pay $2,199.00 $1,869.15
- Sony A7S II Mirrorless Digital Camera BodyDon't pay $3,099.00 $2,789.10
- Panasonic DC-GH5 Body & 12-35mm F2.8 MkII KitDon't pay $3,088.00 $2,624.80
- Leica M-P (Typ 240) Camera Body - Silver ( 10772 )Don't pay $8,899.00 $7,564.15
- Panasonic DC-GH5 BodyDon't pay $2,148.00 $1,933.20
- Panasonic G7 Body Only - Black$729.00
- Leica M10 Black Camera Body (black)$10,289.00
- Sony Alpha a9 Mirrorless Digital Camera (Body Only)Don't pay $5,249.00 $4,461.65
- Leica TL2 Mirrorless Camera Body - SilverDon't pay $2,889.00 $2,455.65