The Nikon Z7 Camera Body
Nikon has taken the next step with the revolutionary Z System. Dubbed "The Perfectionist”, the Z7 Mirrorless Camera Body is a compact but powerful entrant to the field of mirrorless cameras. A large diameter design with a relatively short 16mm flange distance have allowed Nikon to create compact but powerful cameras and develop thoroughly advanced optics.
This high-resolution FX-format camera is among the first in the series. Bringing with it a 45.7MP BSI CMOS sensor and EXPEED 6 Image Processing Engine, delivering outstanding image quality and speed with a native sensitivity range of ISO 64-25600.
The Nikon Z7 has an on board sensor hosts an advanced phase-detect autofocus system. Using 493 points and covering 90% of the total image area, this AF system features a 5-axis vibration reduction technology. Stability in your photos and videos is made easier with the Nikon Z7 Camera Body, regardless of the lens you equip it with.
The Z7 features UHD 4K recording at up to 30p and can use the N-Log gamma profile along with the camera's 10-bit HDMI output to create cinema-quality video. The camera's high-resolution sensor also permits the use of an 8K Time-Lapse mode.
Mirrorless camera systems are a favourite of those looking to extract high level performances from a compact frame. The Z Series is no exception to the new school of compact mirrorless camera bodies. A slimmed down frame and lighter construction paired with weather proofing and the smooth ergonomics for which Nikon is known make this an attractive option.
The camera features multiple displays, including a 0.80x 3.6m-dot EVF with NIKKOR optics and a Fluorine coating, ensuring clear viewing. To the rear, the Z7 is equipped with a 3.2" 2.1m-dot tilting touchscreen LCD, while up top a dot-matrix OLED display lets users quickly take note of their settings.
As for storage, a XQD slot. Made compatible with CFexpress in laudable bit of forward-thinking future proofing. Though, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity make it possible to do without the wires in a pinch.
- Nikon Z System
Nikon's full-frame mirrorless system delivers crystal-clear image quality and optics in a compact frame. Made possible with the installation of a 17% larger inner diameter than the F mount, the Z mount enables the use of more advanced optics and lens designs, including ultra-fast f/0.95 options.To cut down on the general size of the camera and lens set-up in action, the Z mount features a 65% shorter flange distance, measuring just 16mm. This drastically reduces the bulk and size of the overall design, and permits faster and larger-volume communications between the body and lens, boosting overall performance throughout the system.
- 45.7MP FX-Format BSI CMOS Sensor and EXPEED 6 Processor
A 45.7MP BSI CMOS sensor makes finding your shot easier than ever. Enabling impressive performance in low-light conditions, the Nikon Z System cranks out fast readout speeds of its startlingly high resolution shots. The back lit sensor design affords users a clean and high sensitivity output. The quiet operation of the 45.7MP BSI CMOS sensor makes it perfect for those operating at high ISO values, all the way up to a native ISO 25600. With smooth and vivid performances at ISO values as low as ISO 64.
The sensor's design also omits the conventional optical low-pass filter in order to achieve the greatest sharpness and resolution from the sensor. Benefitting the sensor is the apt EXPEED 6 image processor, which affords a wealth of speed throughout the camera system, including the ability to shoot continuously at 9 fps in raw.
- 4K UHD Video Recording and 8K Time-Lapse
Using the sensor and processing attributes that make this such a strong still-photography camera, the Z7 also proves more than capable in the multimedia stakes. Video recording is possible at UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) using either the full-frame area or a DX crop area in 30p, 25p, or 24p frame rates. Full HD 1080p video recording is also supported at up to 120p for slow motion playback. Video files can be stored in a memory card or sent uncompressed to an optional external recorder via HDMI out.
The Z7 features an advanced video functionality that is bolstered by the inclusion of the N-Log gamma for capturing flat-looking footage that maximizes dynamic range. An HDMI port gives users a channel that can put out high-quality 10-bit data and an Electronic VR function smooths out the motion of handheld shooting. Controlling focus manually is made easier with a Focus Peaking function. A built-in Zebra Stripes function makes it easier to spot over-exposure.
The audio component of your projects can be achieved with the use of an external microphone equipped through the Z7’s 3.5mm stereo jack. Live monitoring of your audio is made possible via a headphone jack. The Z7 from Nikon blends performance across both still and video for a combination that sets your creativity free.Able to capture 8K time-lapses with an Interval Timer Mode, or in-camera 4K time-lapse movies, the Z7 can record up to 9999 exposures via either method. These settings are made possible with the use of a silent interval timer. A function that doesn’t produce a shutter noise, avoids any wear on the shutter mechanism, and maximises the energy efficiency of the set up that you are operating with.
- 493-Point Phase-Detect AF Autofocus System
- Within the sensor is an array of 493 phase-detect autofocus points. The image area is 90% covered both vertically and horizontally, providing a rapid and accurate focus function that works across both still and video. The equipped Hybrid AF function will oscillate between phase and contrast detection systems and provide a smooth focus throughout your shoots.
- Features and Body Design of the Nikon Z7
- A vibration reduction system that operates on 5-axis. Able to produce 5 stabilisation stops internally, no matter what lens you’re using. Easily paired with adapted lenses via the FTZ Adapter where 3-axis stabilisation is used.
- A dot-matrix OLED display mounted on the top of the Z7 provide quick access to camera settings.
- A large LCD screen is perfect for bright, clear, and vivid image viewing. Easily tilted for wider viewing angles, with a touch screen functionality for quick and easy navigation..
- A 3.6m-dot electronic finder to make eye-level viewing comfortable. NIKKOR optics, with a high 0.80x magnification gives users sharp images to work from. A Fluorine coating makes the viewfinder easy to clean and maintain.
- A XQD memory card slot that enables quick and easy saving and sharing of your photos. Compatible with CFexpress, the Nikon Z7 is ready made for the future of photography.
- A magnesium-alloy chassis is highly dust and weather resistant. Robust without having to look like it, this camera can handle the inclement conditions of your outdoor projects.
- The ergonomics and fit of the Nikon Z7 make this camera body perfect for those looking to work for extended periods. An anti-slip grip material and intuitive joystick make longer projects just that bit easier to handle.
- A SnapBridge connectivity make it easy to pass low resolution imagery from your Nikon Z7 to other devices. Seamless transfers and communication are enabled by the built in BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) and Wi-Fi functionality.
- For an extra level of freedom, use the elevated connectivity of the Nikon Z7 to use your smart device to remotely trigger the shutter and display live view images.
- Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16-50mm Lens (Black)Don't pay $979.00 $783.20Earn 1,566 Qantas Points
- Leica M-P (Typ 240) Camera Body - Silver ( 10772 )Don't pay $8,899.00 $7,119.20Earn 14,238 Qantas Points
- Leica M-P (Typ 240) Camera Body - Black ( 10773 )Don't pay $8,699.00 $6,959.20Earn 13,918 Qantas Points
- Sony Alpha a7 II Mirrorless Digital Camera (Body Only)Don't pay $1,599.00 $1,279.20Earn 2,558 Qantas Points
- Panasonic G7 Body Only - BlackDon't pay $859.00 $687.20Earn 1,374 Qantas Points
- Panasonic G7 Twin Kit with 14-42 and 45-150mm - Black BodyDon't pay $1,149.00 $919.20Earn 1,838 Qantas Points
- Sony a7R II Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera BodyDon't pay $2,599.00 $2,079.20Earn 4,158 Qantas Points
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G85 Digital Camera (Body Only)Don't pay $1,099.00 $879.20Earn 1,758 Qantas Points