Free shipping on orders over $99
Nikon has taken the next step in their imaging journey with the Z7 Mirrorless Camera, dubbed "The Perfectionist," and the revolutionary Z System. This high-resolution FX-format camera introduces the Z Mount, a large diameter design with a short 16mm flange distance that allows Nikon to create compact, yet powerful cameras and develop more advanced optics. The Z7 is among the first in the series, and brings with it a 45.7MP BSI CMOS sensor and EXPEED 6 Image Processing Engine, delivering outstanding image quality and speed with a native sensitivity range of ISO 64-25600.
On the sensor you will find an advanced phase-detect autofocus system using 493 points covering 90% of the image area and the sensor features 5-axis Vibration Reduction technology for stabilized photos and video regardless of the lens used. This advanced hybrid AF system will also benefit video. The Z7 features UHD 4K recording at up to 30p and can use the N-Log gamma profile along with the camera's 10-bit HDMI output to create cinema-quality video. The camera's high-resolution sensor also permits the use of an 8K Time-Lapse mode.
As with many mirrorless systems, the Z Series boasts a much more compact form factor than its DSLR counterparts. The Z7 is no exception with its slimmed down design and lighter build, though it maintains the weather sealing and ergonomics for which Nikon is known. The camera features multiple displays and screens for ease of use, including a 0.80x 3.6m-dot EVF with NIKKOR optics and a Fluorine coating, ensuring clear viewing. The rear of the camera is equipped with a 3.2" 2.1m-dot tilting touchscreen LCD while the top offers a dot-matrix OLED for quickly checking settings. For storage, the Z7 has a single XQD card slot that is compatible with CFexpress for faster speeds in the future. Additionally, the body is equipped with both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- Nikon Z System
- Introducing the Z mount, Nikon's full-frame mirrorless system promises to deliver class-leading image quality and optics in a compact form factor. The Z mount itself makes much of this possible with a 17% larger inner diameter than the F mount, enabling the use of more advanced optics and lens designs, including ultra-fast f/0.95 options. For minimizing camera and lens size, the Z mount features a 65% shorter flange distance, measuring just 16mm, which allows for dramatically slimmed down body designs. The larger mount also supports faster and larger-volume communications between the body and lens to improve overall performance throughout the system.
- 45.7MP FX-Format BSI CMOS Sensor and EXPEED 6 Processor
- A 45.7MP BSI CMOS sensor is used for high-resolution shooting, impressive low-light quality, and fast readout speeds to benefit continuous shooting, movies, and time-lapse recording. The back-illuminated design of the sensor affords noticeably cleaner high-sensitivity output for reduced noise when working at high ISO values, up to a native ISO 25600, as well as vivid and smooth quality at sensitivities as low as ISO 64. The sensor's design also omits the conventional optical low-pass filter in order to achieve the greatest sharpness and resolution from the sensor. Benefitting the sensor is the apt EXPEED 6 image processor, which affords a wealth of speed throughout the camera system, including the ability to shoot continuously at 9 fps in raw.
- 4K UHD Video Recording and 8K Time-Lapse
- Utilizing the sensor and processor attributes for more than just still imagery, the Z7 is also a more-than-capable multimedia camera. Video recording is possible at UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) using either the full-frame area or a DX crop area in 30p, 25p, or 24p frame rates. Full HD 1080p video recording is also supported at up to 120p for slow motion playback, and video files can be saved to the in-camera memory cards or as an uncompressed file to an optional external recorder via HDMI out.
Advanced video functionalities have been added with the Z7. This includes the N-Log gamma for capturing flat-looking footage that maximizes dynamic range. Other additions are the ability to output high-quality 10-bit data over HDMI and an Electronic VR function for smooth handheld shooting. Focus Peaking can be used to benefit manual focus control and a Zebra Stripes option is also available to help detect over-exposed areas within the frame. Audio recording can be handled using the built-in stereo microphone or an optional external mic can be added via the 3.5mm stereo jack for greater control over quality, and live monitoring is possible via the headphone jack.
The Z7 also blends both still and video capabilities with the ability to produce 8K time-lapses using the Interval Timer Mode or in-camera 4K time-lapse movies, with the ability to record up to 9999 exposures for either method. This system also makes use of a silent interval timer, which produces no shutter noise, does not contribute to wear on the shutter mechanism, and is energy efficient to maximize battery life.
- 493-Point Phase-Detect AF System
- Located on the sensor is an array of 493 phase-detect autofocus points covering 90% of the image area both vertically and horizontally. This provides fast and accurate focusing for both stills and video and with a wide coverage area, subject tracking will work out to near the edges of the frame. Hybrid AF is available for video, which will automatically switch between phase- and contrast-detect systems to provide smooth focus during shooting. Additionally, the latest NIKKOR Z lenses are optimized for silent operation.
- Body Design
- Built-in to the body is a 5-axis sensor-shift Vibration Reduction mechanism for up to 5 stops of stabilization regardless of the lens used. This system also works with adapted lenses when using the optional FTZ Adapter where 3-axis stabilization is used.
- A large 3.2" 2.1m-dot LCD screen is available for bright, clear, and vivid image playback and live view shooting. The screen has a tilting design to benefit working from both high and low angles, and it is also a touchscreen for more intuitive operation, navigation, and settings control.
- A 3.6m-dot electronic finder is present for comfortable eye-level viewing. It has a high 0.80x magnification and uses NIKKOR optics to guarantee a sharp, clear image. The finder also has a Fluorine coating for easier cleaning.
- The top panel of the Z7 is configured with a dot-matrix OLED. This low-energy display provides quick access to important camera settings.
- Configured with one XQD memory card slot, the camera will be able to quickly save images. The slot is compatible with CFexpress, enabling support for future media.
- A robust magnesium-alloy chassis is both dust- and weather-resistant to benefit working in harsh climates and inclement conditions.
- The ergonomic grip and overall form factor is shaped to benefit handling for extended periods of time and is further accentuated by an anti-slip material and a joystick for seamless settings and focus point selection.
- Built-in SnapBridge connectivity to enable seamless transfer of low-resolution imagery as well as remote shooting capabilities. BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) and Wi-Fi enables communication between the camera and a smart device and, additionally, the mobile device can remotely trigger the shutter and display a live view image from the camera to enable working from a distance.
- NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/4 S Lens
- Included with the camera body is the standard zoom NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/4 S lens, which covers a wide-angle to portrait-length range and features a constant f/4 maximum aperture. The optical design incorporates one aspherical element as well as a unique aspherical extra-low dispersion element; both of which help to greatly reduce a variety of aberrations and distortion for high sharpness and accurate color rendering. A Nano Crystal Coating is also used to control flare and ghosting for increased contrast in strong lighting conditions. Suiting both photo and video applications, a stepping AF motor is also featured for smooth, near-silent autofocus performance.
- MPN - VOK010XA
- GTIN - 4960759901071
|Lens Mount||Nikon Z|
|Effective Megapixels||45.7 Megapixel|
|Max Resolution||45.7 MP: 8256 x 5504|
|Image Stabilization||Sensor-Shift, 5-Way|
|Memory Card Type||XQD|
|Focus Mode||Continuous-Servo AF (C), Full-time Servo (F), Manual Focus (M), Single-servo AF (S)|
|Autofocus Points||Phase Detection: 493|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 64 to 25600 (Extended Mode:32 to 102400)|
|Shutter Speeds||30 to 1/8000 Second , Bulb Mode|
|Metering Method||Center-Weighted Average Metering, Matrix, Spot Metering, Highlight Weighted|
|Exposure Modes||Modes: Aperture Priority, Auto, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority |
Metering Range: EV -3.0 to EV 17.0
Compensation: -5 EV to +5 EV (in 1/3 or 1/2 EV Steps)
|Continuous Shooting Speed||Up to 9 fps at 45.7 MP |
Up to 5.5 fps at 45.7 MP
|White Balance||Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Direct Sunlight, Flash, Fluorescent, Incandescent, Preset Manual, Shade|
|Dust Reduction System||Yes|
|Max Sync Speed||1 / 200 Second|
|Video Clip Length (mins)||Up to 29 Minutes 59 Seconds|
|Audio Recording||Built-In Mic: With Video (Stereo) |
Optional External Mic: With Video
|Connectivity||1/8" Headphone |
HDMI C (Mini)
|Battery||1 x EN-EL15b Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||134.0 x 100.5 x 67.5 mm|
|Weight||585 g camera body only|
|Viewfinder Eye Point||21.00 mm|
|Viewfinder Pixel Count||3,690,000|
|Focus Type||Auto & Manual Focus|
|Video Format||3840 x 2160p at 23.98/25/29.97 fps (H.264) |
1920 x 1080p at 23.98/25/29.97/50/59.94/100/120 fps (H.264)
|Video Recording||Yes, NTSC/PAL|
|Sensor Type||CMOS, 35.9 x 23.9 mm|
|Aspect Ratio||1:1, 3:2, 4:5, 16:9|
|Diopter Adjustment||-4 to +2 m|
|Display Screen||3.2" Rear Touchscreen Tilting LCD (2,100,000)|
|Diaphragm Blades||7, Rounded|
|Filter Size||Front: 72 mm|
|Minimum Focus Distance||30 cm|
|Focal Length||24 - 70mm|
|Self Timer||20 Seconds, 10 Seconds, 5 Seconds, 2 Seconds|
|External Flash Connection||Hot Shoe|
|Dedicated Flash System||iTTL|
|Flash Compensation||-3 EV to +1 EV (in 1/3 or 1/2 EV steps)|
|Angle of View||84 - 34 20'|
|File Formats||Still Images: JPEG, RAW |
Movies: MOV, MP4
Audio: AAC, Linear PCM (Stereo)
Nikon Z7 body with NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/4 S lens
- Nikon Z7 x 1
- NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/4 S Lens x 1
- EN-EL15b Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery x 1
- MH-25A Battery Charger for EN-EL15 Li-Ion Battery x 1
- EH-7P Charging AC Adapter x 1
- UC-E24 USB Cable x 1
- HDMI/USB Cable Clip x 1
- BS-1 Hot-Shoe Cover x 1
- AN-DC19 Camera Strap x 1
- BF-N1 Body Cap x 1
- DK-29 Rubber Eyecup x 1
- Sony a7R II Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera BodySony Bonus $100 Eftpos Card
PURCHASE THIS SONY LENS AND RECEIVE $100 EFTPOS CARD
TO REDEEM PLEASE GO TO WWW.SONY.COM.AU/EFTPOSGIFTCARD$2,645.00 Promotional Pricing $2,248.25
- Panasonic G7 Body Only - Black$655.00
- Sony Alpha a7 II Mirrorless Digital Camera (Body Only)Sony Bonus $200 Eftpos Card
PURCHASE THIS SONY PRODUCT AND RECEIVE $200 EFTPOS CARD
TO REDEEM PLEASE GO TO WWW.SONY.COM.AU/EFTPOSGIFTCARD$1,698.00 Promotional Pricing $1,443.30
- Leica M-E (Typ 220) Camera$6,399.00
- Sony Alpha a7 Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera Body$1,258.00 Promotional Pricing $1,069.30
- Olympus OM-D E-M5 MKII Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera Body - SilverOlympus Luxury Escapes offer$1,010.00 Promotional Pricing $999.00
- Olympus OM-D E-M5 MKII Adventure Kit ED 14-150mm F4-5.6 II Lens - SilverOlympus Luxury Escapes offer$1,398.00 Promotional Pricing $1,299.00
- Olympus OM-D E-M5 MKII Pro Kit ED 12-40mm f/2.8 - SilverOlympus Luxury Escapes offer$1,677.00 Promotional Pricing $1,599.00
- Sony Alpha a5100 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16-50mm Lens (Black)$705.00 Promotional Pricing $599.25
- Olympus OM-D E-M5 MKII Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera Body - BlackOlympus Luxury Escapes offer$1,010.00 Promotional Pricing $999.00
- OM-D E-M10 Mark II Black Body | 14-42mm EZ and 40-150mm R Black LensesOlympus Luxury Escapes offer$998.00
- OM-D E-M10 Mark II Silver Body | 14-42mm EZ & 40-150mm R Black LensesOlympus Luxury Escapes offer$998.00
- Olympus OM-D E-M5 MKII Pro Kit ED 12-40mm f/2.8 - BlackOlympus Luxury Escapes offer$1,677.00 Promotional Pricing $1,599.00
- Sony a7 Single Kit with FE 28-70mm f3.5-5.6 OSS Lens$1,448.00 Promotional Pricing $1,230.80
- Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16-50mm Lens (Black)$848.00 Promotional Pricing $720.80