Buy a Canon EOS R Mirrorless Digital Camera Body at a Great Price and Experience the Evolution
Canon's first step in the mirrorless evolution, the EOS R combines a redeveloped lens mount and updated full-frame image sensor to create a unique and sophisticated multimedia camera system. Revolving around the new RF lens mount, the EOS R body helps you make the most of a new series of lenses and optical technologies. digiDirect sells the Canon EOS R body on its own for a great online price, allowing all photographers to experience the sophistication.
TThe EOS R features a high-resolution 30.3MP full-frame CMOS sensor along with a DIGIC 8 image processor. This offers a wide sensitivity range up to a native ISO 40000, fast continuous shooting to 8 fps, and UHD 4K30 video recording. In addition to imaging, the sensor also facilitates an advanced Dual Pixel CMOS AF system, which uses 5655 selectable points for quickly and accurately acquiring focus. For those working in extremely dark conditions, the focusing system is also sensitive down to EV -6. The AF system is also perfectly matched to the UHD 4K video recording capabilities, which are also rounded out by Movie Digital IS to minimise camera shake, built-in Canon Log gamma for a greater dynamic range, and 4K 10-bit 4:2:2 output over HDMI for even greater colour control.
Beyond performance, this digital camera body has been designed to feature a high-resolution 3.69m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder for clear and bright eye-level viewing. The camera also features a rear 3.15" 2.1m-dot LCD touchscreen and has a swivel design to suit working from high and low angles. Also catering to your tactile needs is a customisable Multi-Function bar, for intuitively adjusting shooting settings. As your camera travels with you, Canon has ensured the magnesium alloy body is dust and moisture sealed to protect it in the toughest environments.
Canon EOS R body – only the best features
- Canon RF Lens Mount
- The EOS R is the first camera to support Canon's line of RF-mount lenses. This mount comprises a wide 54mm diameter and short 20mm flange-back distance; this enables lens designs that are smaller and faster than their SLR equivalents. The mount also incorporates a 12-pin electronic contact system for more sophisticated autofocus and image stabilisation capabilities. This mount design also offers full compatibility with existing EF and EF-S-mount lenses via an optional EF-EOS R Mount Adapter.
- 30.3MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 8 Image Processor
- A large 30.3MP full-frame CMOS sensor is featured and provides the ideal balance between high-resolution output, low-light performance, and high-speed capabilities. When paired with the DIGIC 8 image processor, the Canon EOS R affords a native sensitivity range of ISO 100-40000, which can be expanded to ISO 50-102400 for use in a variety of lighting conditions. Quick continuous shooting to 8 fps is also supported when photographing moving subjects.
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF offers smooth and fast focusing performance in a similar way to camcorders in how they acquire focus. This system integrates two separate photodiodes within each pixel to provide a broad and dense network of 5655 phase-detection gathering elements across a majority of the image sensor to reduce focus hunting for faster, more direct control of focus placement. When working with still imagery, this focusing system acquires focus quickly and accurately, making it ideally suited to shooting and tracking moving subjects. For videos, a Movie Servo AF mode offers a smooth and natural focus when changing from different subjects or different distances within the scene, as well as the ability to specify tracking sensitivity, AF speed, and Face Tracking priority.
With the benefit of a Touch AF system, rack focus is possible simply by touching elements within the scene on the touchscreen in order to change focus in an intuitive manner. Subject tracking in movies is now easier thanks to the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system's ability to recognise subjects and maintain focus when working within changing or cluttered scenery. Additionally, the focus system is sensitive down to EV -6 for working in truly low-light conditions and maintains accurate AF capabilities.
- UHD 4K Video Recording and Canon Log Gamma
- Designed for multimedia image-maker, this mirrorless digital camera supports UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) resolution recording at up to 30 fps at 480 Mb/s, along with Full HD 1080p shooting at 60 fps and HD 720p at 120 fps for slow motion playback. When recording in-camera, 4K video has 4:2:2 sampling and 8-bit colour depth, a 4:2:2 10-bit clean output in ITU-R CT.2020 is possible when using an external recorder.
Integrated Canon Log enables users to capture flat images with an improved dynamic range of 800%, or 12 stops. This function makes it easier to match cameras in post-production as well as provides the most latitude and potential for colour grading. A View Assist function is available for monitoring, which emulates a graded look for more accurate viewing on the camera's LCD.
Audio can be recorded using the on-board stereo microphone or an optional external mic can also be used via the 3.5mm mic jack.
- Dual Pixel RAW
- First introduced with the EOS 5D Mark IV, Dual Pixel RAW allows photographers to record all the information the sensor's unique pixel architecture can deliver, providing a way for fine adjustments to be made after the image is taken. These adjustments include focus fine tuning, which can help you slightly adjust the focus point to bring out extra details, shift bokeh around to improve the composition, and reduce the impact of ghosting on your photos. To get these great capabilities you will need to use Canon's Digital Photo Professional software.
- Body Design
- Bright and clear eye-level viewing is provided with an integrated 3.69m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder with 0.71x magnification AI
- Rear 3.15" 2.1m-dot LCD features a swivel design for easier use when working from high, low, and front-facing angles. As a touchscreen, it allows intuitive control over shooting, playback, and menu navigation controls.
- A customisable Multi-Function Bar is located near the viewfinder on the rear of the camera, and can be set to control four functions: adjust ISO or white balance, check focus/display focus info or AF modes, change to movie shooting modes, use flexible-priority AE, or be customised for other functions.
- Top panel incorporates a dot-matrix LCD, which provides quick access to important camera settings.
- One SD memory card slot that supports the UHS-II protocol for faster read and write speeds better supporting 4K video recording and fast continuous shooting.
- A lightweight and durable magnesium alloy body for protection from dust, water and harsh conditions.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity enable wireless sharing, control, and image transfer with a compatible smart device via the Canon Camera Connect app, which also supports geotagging your files using your mobile device's location data.
- Included LP-E6N rechargeable lithium-ion battery offering approximately 430 shots per charge. In-camera charging is supported via the PD-E1 USB Power Adapter. This camera is also compatible with the LP-E6 battery, however is not supported for in-camera charging.
- Other Camera Features
- Digital Lens Optimiser helps to minimise the appearance of various optical aberrations in-camera, including diffraction, for cleaner image quality.
- Multi shot noise reduction technology records four sequential exposures and then combines them in-camera to produce an image with smoother tones and lower noise to suit long exposure images.
- Images can be saved as Compact Raw (C-RAW / .CR3) files, to achieve smaller file sizes and faster post-processing.
- Language Support: English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Ukraine, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Vietnamese, Hindi, Romanian, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Korean, Malay, Indonesian, and Japanese.
- MPN - 3075C007AA
- GTIN - 4549292119329
Place your order online today
See the capabilities of the Canon EOS R Mirrorless Digital Camera body for yourself and enjoy our amazing prices. Whether you are looking for the body only or wish to combine your camera with accessories, we have the perfect product for you. Looking to buy an EOS R camera and lens combo? Check out our 28-70mm f/2L kit and 24-105mm f/4L kit.
For enquiries about our products please get in touch or visit one of our store locations. Our friendly and professional staff are passionate about staying up to date with the latest technological trends and pass this information onto customers every day. digiDirect believes in giving people the opportunity to get hands on with products in-store so that they can make an informed decision about what will work best for them. Chat to us today to find out everything about what we have to offer, including camera system accessories, printers and scanners, software and of course the EOS R at a great price.
|Lens Mount||Canon RF|
|Max Resolution||6720 x 4480|
|Sensor Size||CMOS, 36 x 24 mm|
|Image Stabilization||Digital, 5-Way|
|Memory Card Type||SD |
|Focus Mode||Continuous-Servo AF (C), Manual Focus (M), Single-servo AF (S)|
|Autofocus Points||Hybrid: 5655|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 100-40000 (Extended Mode: 50-102400)|
|Shutter Speeds||30 - 1/8000 Second , Bulb Mode|
|Metering Method||Center-Weighted Average Metering, Evaluative Metering, Partial Metering|
|Exposure Modes||Aperture Priority, Bulb, Custom, Intelligent Auto, Manual, Programmed Auto, Shutter Priority|
|White Balance||Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Custom, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent (White), Shade, Tungsten|
|Dust Reduction System||Yes|
|Video Clip Length (mins)||Up to 29 Min 59 Sec|
|Audio Recording||Built-In Mic: With Video (Stereo) |
Optional External Mic: With Video (Stereo)
|Connectivity||1/8" Microphone, HDMI C (Mini), USB Type-C|
|Battery||1 x LP-E6N Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, 7.2 VDC, 1865 mAh|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||135.8 x 98.3 x 84.4 mm|
|Weight||660 g with battery and memory card|
|Focus Type||Auto & Manual Focus|
|Video Format||3840 x 2160p at 23.98/24/29.97 fps |
1920 x 1080p at 23.98/24/29.97/59.94 fps
1280 x 720p at 29.97/59.94/120 fps
|Video Recording||Yes, NTSC/PAL|
|File Formats||Still Images: JPEG, RAW |
Audio: AAC, Linear PCM (Stereo)
|Pixels||Actual: 31.7 Megapixel |
Effective: 30.3 Megapixel
|Viewfinder Eye Point||23.00 mm|
|Viewfinder Magnification||Approx. 0.71x|
|Self Timer||10 Seconds, 2 Seconds|
|Flash Compensation||-3 EV to +3 EV (in 1/3 or 1/2 EV steps)|
|Display Screen||3.15" Rear Touchscreen Swivel LCD (2,100,000)|
|Diopter Adjustment||-4 to +2 m|
|Aspect Ratio||1:1, 3:2, 4:3, 16:9|
- Canon EOS R Body
- LP-E6N Lithium-Ion Battery Pack (7.2V, 1865mAh)
- LC-E6 Charger for LP-E6 Battery Pack
- ER-100B Neck Strap
- Cable Protector
- IFC-100U Interface Cable (39.4")
- R-F-5 Camera Cover
- Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16-50mm Lens (Black)Don't pay $979.00 $783.20Earn 1,566 Qantas Points
- Leica M-P (Typ 240) Camera Body - Silver ( 10772 )Don't pay $8,899.00 $7,119.20Earn 14,238 Qantas Points
- Leica M-P (Typ 240) Camera Body - Black ( 10773 )Don't pay $8,699.00 $6,959.20Earn 13,918 Qantas Points
- Sony Alpha a7 II Mirrorless Digital Camera (Body Only)Don't pay $1,599.00 $1,279.20Earn 2,558 Qantas Points
- Panasonic G7 Body Only - BlackDon't pay $859.00 $687.20Earn 1,374 Qantas Points
- Panasonic G7 Twin Kit with 14-42 and 45-150mm - Black BodyDon't pay $1,149.00 $919.20Earn 1,838 Qantas Points
- Sony a7R II Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera BodyDon't pay $2,599.00 $2,079.20Earn 4,158 Qantas Points
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G85 Digital Camera (Body Only)Don't pay $1,099.00 $879.20Earn 1,758 Qantas Points