Compact and lightweight, the black Canon EOS M100 Mirrorless Digital Camera makes a suitable everyday companion for those who want excellent online functionality in an easy-to-use and highly capable camera system. With built-in Wi-Fi, NFC, and Bluetooth, the black 24.2MP APS-C Canon Mirrorless camera makes it easy to share your digital snaps and videos online almost immediately after you take them. For those looking to expand their photography skills this camera is a great stepping off point as it has a Creative Assist feature that can walk you through how certain settings affect your image. Or, if you simply want to capture your grand adventures with your friends, a Self Portrait mode is available for making use of the 180° tilt ability of the 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD.
Photographers who desire a compact and powerful camera will appreciate the performance of the M100 as it boasts a 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor and the DIGIC 7 processor to produce sharp, rich imagery at sensitivities up to ISO 25600. Shooters will also benefit from the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system to provide fast, accurate focusing while shooting both stills and video. Speed is also a highlight with continuous shooting at up to 4 fps with AF or up to 6.1 fps with AF lock. Beyond stills, the M100 has the ability to record high-quality video at up to 60 fps.
Key Features of the Canon EOS M100 Mirrorless Digital Camera
- 24.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC 7 Image Processor
- 3.0" 1.04m-Dot Tilting Touchscreen LCD
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 60 fps
- Built-In Wi-Fi with NFC, Bluetooth
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- Up to 6.1 fps Shooting and ISO 25600
- Creative Assist and Self Portrait Mode
24.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 7 Image Processor
Both a 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC 7 image processor are used to deliver high sensitivity and fast camera performance to suit both stills and video applications. A flexible ISO 100-25600 range suits working in a variety of lighting conditions, and the processing capabilities minimize noise for notable clarity. The processor also contributes to a fast 4 fps continuous shooting rate, which can be quickened to 6.1 fps with AF lock, for photographing fast-moving subjects. Full HD 1080p video recording is also supported at up to a 60 fps frame rate. Additionally, the processor affords a fast camera start-up time and short interval times between each frame for a more intuitive and efficient shooting process.
Dual Pixel CMOS AF
Dual Pixel CMOS AF offers smooth and fast focusing performance in a similar manner to how a camcorder acquires focus. This system integrates two separate photodiodes within each pixel to provide a broad and dense network of phase-detection gathering elements across a majority of the image sensor to reduce focus hunting for faster, more direct control of focus placement. When working with still imagery, this focusing system works to acquire focus quickly and accurately, making it ideally suited to shooting and tracking moving subjects so that critical focus is attained with each shot.
When shooting video, a Movie Servo AF mode offers smooth and natural focusing when changing from different subjects or different distances within the scene, as well as the ability to specify tracking sensitivity, AF speed, and Face Tracking priority. Benefited by the Touch AF system, rack focus is possible simply by touching elements within the scene on the touchscreen in order to change focus in an intuitive manner. Subject tracking in movies is also heightened due to the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system's ability to recognize subjects and maintain focus when working within changing or cluttered scenery.
Canon EOS M100 Mirrorless Body Design and Online Functionality
- Large 3.0" touchscreen LCD provides an intuitive method for controlling focusing points, navigating menus, and reviewing imagery. This screen also features a tilting design (180° upward, 45° downward) to better enable working from high and low angles.
- Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC allows for easy wireless online sharing of your Canon Mirrorless digital photos and movies to a linked mobile device.
- Bluetooth permits linking a smartphone or tablet for quick image sharing between devices as well as remote control capabilities.
- Through the use of an optional adapter, the M100 is able to work with EF and EF-S mount lenses.
- Creative Assist lets you adjust settings and preview the effects in real time. Personalized settings can be stored for quickly replicating a look, and imagery from other photographers can be imported into the M100 and have the specific exposure settings displayed in order for you to replicate the look and learn how different settings affect the results.
- Benefitting from the 180° tilting touchscreen LCD, a Self-Portrait Mode allows you to make in-camera enhancements to your selfies. Adjustments include smoothing skin tones, blurring the background, and modifying the overall brightness of the scene. A customizable self-timer can also be set in this mode to give you the right amount of time to prepare for your shot.
- MPN - M100
- GTIN - TBA
|Lens Mount||Canon EF-M|
|Camera Format||APS-C (1.6x Crop Factor)|
|Pixels||Actual: 25.8 Megapixel
Effective: 24.2 Megapixel
|Maximum Resolution||6000 x 4000|
|Aspect Ratio||1:1, 3:2, 4:3, 16:9|
|Sensor Size||22.3 x 14.9 mm|
|Image File Format||JPEG, RAW|
|Image Stabilization||Digital, 3-Axis (Video Only)|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 100 to 25600|
|Shutter Speed||1/4000 to 30 Seconds
|Metering Method||Center-Weighted Average, Evaluative, Partial, Spot|
|Exposure Modes||Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority|
|Exposure Compensation||-3 to +3 EV (1/3 EV Steps)|
|Metering Range||1 to 20 EV|
|White Balance||Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Custom, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent (White), Shade, Tungsten|
|Continuous Shooting||Up to 6.1 fps at 24.2 MP for up to 21 Exposures (Raw)
Up to 6.1 fps at 24.2 MP for up to 89 Exposures (JPEG)
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 59.94p [35 Mb/s]
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 23.976p/29.97p [24 Mb/s]
HD (1280 x 720) at 59.94p [16 Mb/s]
SD (640 x 480) at 29.97p [3 Mb/s]
|Recording Limit||Up to 29 Minutes, 59 Seconds|
|Audio Recording||Built-In Microphone (Stereo)|
|Audio File Format||AAC LC|
|Focus Type||Auto and Manual Focus|
|Focus Mode||Continuous-Servo AF (C), Manual Focus (M), Single-Servo AF (S)|
|Autofocus Points||Phase Detection: 49|
|Autofocus Sensitivity||-1 to +18 EV|
Viewfinder and Monitor
|Monitor Resolution||1,040,000 Dot|
|Monitor Type||180° Tilting Touchscreen LCD|
|Guide Number||16.4' / 5 m at ISO 100|
|Maximum Sync Speed||1/200 Second|
|Flash Compensation||-2 to +2 EV (1/3 EV Steps)|
|Memory Card Slot||Single Slot: SD/SDHC/SDXC (UHS-I)|
|Connectivity||HDMI D (Micro), Mini-B (USB 2.0)|
|Operating Temperature||32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C|
|Operating Humidity||0 to 85%|
|Battery||1 x LP-E12 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion, 7.2 VDC, 875 mAh|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||4.3 x 2.6 x 1.4" / 108.2 x 67.1 x 35.1 mm|
|Weight||10.65 oz / 302 g (Body with Battery and Memory)|