Free shipping on orders over $99
Nikon D5600 DSLR Camera with AF- P 18-55 VR Lens
Nikon D5600 DSLR Camera - Body Only
Compact, capable, and connected, the Nikon D5600 is a sleek DSLR that blends multimedia imaging capabilities with versatile wireless technology. Centered around a 24.2MP DX-format CMOS sensor and EXPEED 4 image processor, the camera offers a sensitivity range from ISO 100-25600 to benefit working in an array of lighting conditions, and the sensor and processor combination also supports continuous shooting up to 5 fps for working with moving subjects. It is able to record full HD 1080p video, supports up to 60 fps, and allows you to create time-lapse movies in-camera.
While slender in stature, the D5600 does feature a large 3.2" 1.037m-dot rear LCD touchscreen, and utilizes a vari-angle design to better facilitate working from high and low shooting angles. Additionally, SnapBridge is also featured, which can utilize Bluetooth low energy technology for wireless sharing of photos to your mobile device, including automatic transferring of resized images between the camera and your mobile device for seamless online sharing. Wi-Fi with NFC is featured, too, for larger file transfers, such as movies, to a linked device.
- 24.2MP DX-Format Sensor and EXPEED 4 Processor
- The 24.2 megapixel DX-format CMOS sensor and EXPEED 4 processor work together to produce overall high image quality with notable detail, dynamic range, color accuracy, and low-light sensitivity to ISO 25600. Additionally, the sensor's design omits an optical low-pass filter in order to acquire the greatest amount sharpness and detail from subjects. The EXPEED 4 processor also enables a wealth of speed throughout the camera system, including support for Full HD 1080p movie recording and a full-resolution continuous shooting rate of 5 fps.
- SnapBridge Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
- Supporting a wealth of sharing and tagging possibilities, the D5600 features built-in SnapBridge connectivity to permit seamless transferring of imagery to a mobile device. BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) technology enables communication between the camera and a smart device, and allows for automatic low-resolution image transfers as you shoot. SnapBridge requires a one-time setup and also works in conjunction with Nikon Image Space for backing up files and sharing imagery, and can also tag transferred images with date, time, and location info for keeping track of your journey. Additionally, once linked, the mobile device can remotely trigger the shutter and display a live view image from the camera to enable working from a distance.
In addition to Bluetooth, Wi-Fi with NFC is also available, and allows for wirelessly sharing both full-resolution photos and movies to smartphones or tablets. SnapBridge will automatically switch between the two technologies for a seamless wireless workflow.
- Multi-CAM 4800DX Autofocus Sensor
- Benefitting the high image quality is an apt AF system that employs 39 distinct AF points, including nine cross-type sensors, to quickly acquire focus in a range of lighting conditions, from -1 to +19 EV. A unique 3D-tracking mode utilizes the 2,016-pixel RGB sensor, typically reserved for exposure metering, in order to maintain sharp focus on moving subjects. To better suit specific subject matter when working in AF-A or AF-C focus modes, Dynamic-area AF mode allows you to choose from 9, 21, or 39-point arrays for enhanced subject tracking and recognition, even if the subject briefly leaves the frame. Single-point AF, 3D-tracking, and Auto-area AF modes are also available.
When working in live view, for either still or movie shooting, a contrast-based AF system is employed to acquire focus precisely and can function in continuous, full-time servo mode to better suit working with moving subjects. Additionally, four AF-area modes are available when working in live view: Face-priority AF, Wide-area AF, Normal-area AF, and Subject-tracking AF.
- Body Design
- Rear 3.2" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD serves as an intuitive means for navigating settings menus and playback, as well as when shooting in live view. The screen also uses a vari-angle design to benefit working from high, low, and front-facing angles.
- Eye-level pentamirror optical viewfinder provides a natural means for composing stills.
- The rear touchscreen can be used while shooting with the optical viewfinder, and allows you to choose the focus point or adjust exposure settings. Additionally, during playback, the touchscreen enables navigating your imagery using a frame advance bar for quickly scrolling through numerous photos and movies.
- Built-in pop-up flash can be used to provide additional illumination when working in low-light conditions. A hot shoe is also available for working with an optional external flash.
- Full HD Movie Recording
- Full HD 1920 x 1080p movie recording is supported in 60, 50, 30, 25, and 24 fps frame rates, as well as HD 720p and SD 480p in multiple frame rates, in the MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 format. During recording, full-time autofocus can be employed, with face-detection and subject-tracking capabilities, for ensured sharpness with a wide variety of subject types.
A built-in stereo microphone can be used to record high-quality sound or, alternatively, a 3.5mm microphone input is integrated into the body design to support the use of an external microphone for enhanced control over audio recordings.
Additionally, Time-Lapse Movie recording is also supported for producing creative portrayals of subjects changing over periods of time. This mode will automatically format your image sequences into movie files for seamless playback.
- Other Camera Features
- Scene modes: Portrait, Landscape, Child, Sports, Close-Up, Night Portrait, Night Landscape, Party/Indoor, Beach/Snow, Sunset, Dusk/Dawn, Pet Portrait, Candlelight, Blossom, Autumn Colors, and Food
- Special effects modes: Night Vision, Super Vivid, Pop, Photo Illustration, Toy Camera Effect, Miniature Effect, Selective Color, Silhouette, High Key, and Low Key.
- Picture Control modes: Standard, Neutral, Vivid, Monochrome, Portrait, Landscape, Flat, and Custom.
- Active D-Lighting helps to preserve both highlight and shadow details when working in contrast-rich scenarios, such as backlit lighting. Utilizing the EXPEED 4 processor's power, a more controlled image will be produced with brightness values closer to how they are naturally seen. This mode is suitable for working with moving subjects.
- Language support: Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Marathi, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese.
Nikon AF-P DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Lens
Updating the staple DX-format standard zoom, the AF-P DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR from Nikon offers a 27-82.5mm equivalent focal length range as well as an especially sleek form factor. Two aspherical elements are featured in the optical design, which help to control spherical aberrations and distortion in order to realize high sharpness and accurate rendering. A Super Integrated Coating is also used to minimize flare and ghosting for greater contrast and color accuracy. Suiting both photo and video applications, the AF-P designation indicates the use of a pulse stepping motor that offers notably quiet, fast, and precise autofocus performance. Additionally, Vibration Reduction image stabilization compensates for up to four stops of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting.
- Standard zoom spans wide-angle to portrait focal lengths and is designed for Nikon F-mount DX-format cameras, where it provides a 27-82.5mm equivalent range.
- Two aspherical elements are used to reduce spherical aberrations and distortion in order to realize sharp imagery with accurate rendering.
- A Super Integrated Coating has been applied to individual elements to suppress internal reflections, flare, and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions.
- AF-P pulse motor uses stepping motors to deliver impressively smooth, quiet, and fast autofocus performance that is well-suited to both stills and video applications.
- VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by four stops to benefit shooting handheld in difficult lighting conditions.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm promotes a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- A retractable lens barrel design maintains an especially compact form factor when the lens is not in use. Additionally, autofocus and VR switches have been removed from the lens design for a sleek profile; these operations are now accessible in compatible cameras' menu systems.
- Compatible Cameras
- Full Compatibility: D7500, D5600, D5500, D5300, D3400, D3300, D500, and later Nikon 500-, 7000-, D5000-, and D3000-series cameras.
- Compatible with Limited Functions: D5, D850, D810/A, Df, D750, D7200, D7100, D5200, Nikon 1-series with FT1 adapter.
- Compatible cameras may require a firmware update.
- MPN - VBK500XA
- GTIN - 18208952014
|Focal Length||18 - 55mm|
Comparable 35mm Equivalent on DX Format
Focal Length: 27 - 82.5 mm
|Effective Pixels||24.2 million|
|Lens Mount||Nikon F|
|Type||Fmount, Type G AF-P DX lens with built-in CPU and F mount|
|Aperture Range||Maximum: f/3.5 - 5.6|
Minimum: f/22 - 38
|Image Sensor||Nikon DX-format CMOS sensor|
|Camera Mount||Nikon F|
|Effective Megapixels||24 Megapixel|
|Focal Length||18, 55mm|
|Viewfinder||Pentamirror viewfinder, approx. 95% frame coverage, approx. 0.85x magnification|
|Max Resolution||24 MP: 6000 x 4000|
|Maximum Aperture||f/3.5, to5.6|
|Lens Format||Nikon DX|
|Monitor||27.5-cm/3-in., approx. 921k-dot, TFT LCD with 170 viewing angle|
|Sensor Size||CMOS, 23.5 x 15.6 mm|
|Minimum aperture||f/22, to38|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||9.84“ (25 cm)|
|Shutter Speed||1/4000 to 30 s; Bulb; Time (Flash sync speed: X=1/200 s; synchronizes with shutter at 1/200 s or slower)|
|Lens Construction||12elements in, 9groups, (2 aspherical lens elements)|
|Frame advance rate||Up to approx. 5 fps, number of shots (JPEG:100, RAW:16)|
|Angle of View||76 to 28 50 feet|
|ISO Sensitivity||ISO 100 to 25600|
|Memory Card Type||SDXC|
|Minimum Focus Distance||0.25m (0.9ft), from focal plane at all zoom positions|
|Angle Of View||76 - 28 50’|
|AF - area mode||Viewfinder shooting: 11 focus points (one cross-type sensor at the center)|
|Focus Mode||Automatic (A), Continuous-Servo AF (C), Manual Focus (M), Single-servo AF (S)|
|AE||420-pixel RGB sensor, Scene Recognition System|
|Autofocus Points||Phase Detection: 39 (9 Cross-Type)|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||7 (rounded diaphragm opening)|
|Diaphragm Blades||7, Rounded|
|Built-in Flash||Guide number: approx. 7/22, 8/26 with manual flash (m/ft, ISO 100, 20C/68F), lens coverage: 18 mm|
|Filter Size||Front: 55 mm|
|LCD Screen Size||3.2“|
|Metering Modes||Full aperture|
|Scene modes||6 options|
|Special Effects mode||10 options|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 100-25600|
|Dimensions||Approx. 64.5 mm maximum diameter x 62.5 mm (distance from camera lens mount flange)|
|Retouch menus||20 options|
|Shutter Speeds||30 - 1/4000 Second , Bulb Mode|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 2.54 x 2.46“ (64.5 x 62.5 mm)|
|Image processing||EXPEED 4 image-processing engine, Picture Control (Flat option and Clarity parameter added; finer adjustment in increments of 0.25, Brightness adjustment range 1.5), Active D-Lighting|
|Metering Method||Center-Weighted Average Metering, Matrix, Spot Metering|
|Storage media/File format||SD (Secure Digital) and UHS-I compliant SDXC memory cards/12-bit RAW, JPEG, RAW+JPEG|
|Exposure Modes||Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Scene Modes, Shutter Priority|
|AF-S (Silent Wave Motor)||Yes|
|Movie Modes||File format: MOV (Video compression: H.264/Audio: LPCM) Manual settings for movie recording Movie recording: 1080/60p, 50p, 1080/30p, 25p, 24p, 720/60p, 50p; selectable image quality (high or normal)|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||Up to 5 fps at 24.2 MP|
Up to 4 fps at 24.2 MP
Up to 3 fps at 24.2 MP
|Audio Recording||Built-in monaural microphone/monaural speaker|
|White Balance||Auto, Cloudy, Direct Sunlight, Flash, Fluorescent, Incandescent, Preset Manual, Shade|
|HDMI||HDMI output (HDMI output is not available for 60p/50p movies), Type C HDMI connector HDMI-CEC support|
|Dust Reduction System||Yes|
|Focusing Distance||Indicator - Yes|
|Power Source||EN-EL14a Rechargeable Li-ion Battery, MH-24 Battery Charger|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||124 98 75.5 mm|
|Max Sync Speed||1 / 200 Second|
|Zoom||Manual zoom using independent zoom ring|
|Max Video Resolution||1920 x 1080p at 23.98, 25, 29.97, 50, 59.94 fps (MOV)|
1280 x 720p at 50, 59.94 fps (MOV)
|Shutter||Tested to 100,000 cycles|
|Other features||Built-in Bluetooth (SnapBridge support) Eye-Fi card compatible; remote control with front infrared receiver; Guide mode; Trim function during zoom playback, Optical VR option employed in the shooting menu; pixel defect compensation instead of Image Sensor Cleaning (airflow control system is employed)|
|Video Clip Length (mins)||1920 x 1080: 29 Minutes, 59 Seconds|
|Supplied accessories||EN-EL14a Rechargeable Li-ion Battery, MH-24 Battery Charger, AN-DC3 Camera Strap, BF-1B Body Cap, DK-25 Rubber Eyecup|
|Audio Recording||Built-In Mic: With Video (Stereo)|
Optional External Mic: With Video (Stereo)
|Dedicated accessories (optional)||ML-L3 Wireless Remote Control, UC-E20 USB Cable|
|Connectivity||HDMI C (Mini), Micro-USB, USB 2.0|
|Note||*including battery and memory card|
|Battery||1 x EN-EL14A Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, 7.2 VDC, 1230 mAh|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||4.9 x 3.8 x 2.8“ / 124.0 x 97.0 x 70.0 mm|
32 to 104F (0 to 40C)
Humidity: 0 - 85%
|Minimum Focus Distance||25 cm|
|Camera Mount Type||Nikon F|
|Angle of View||76 to 28 50'|
|Format Compatibility||Nikon DX|
|Aperture||Maximum: f/3.5 to 5.6 |
Minimum: f/22 to 38
|Filter Thread Size||Front: 55 mm|
|Dimensions(DxL)||64.5 x 62.5 mm|
|Focal Length||18 to 55mm |
Comparable 35mm Focal Length: 27 to 82.5 mm
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:2.63|
|Optical Design||12 Elements in 9 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||7, Rounded|
Nikon D5600 DSLR Camera with AF- P 18-55 VR Lens
- Nikon D5600 DSLR Camera - Body Only x 1
- EN-EL14A Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery for Select Nikon Cameras x 1
- MH-24 Quick Charger x 1
- DK-25 Rubber Eyecup x 1
- AN-DC3 Camera Strap (Black) x 1
- BF-1B Body Cap x 1
- Nikon AF-P DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Lens x 1
- LC-55A 55mm Snap-On Lens Cap x 1
- Rear Lens Cap x 1
- Canon EOS 5DS DSLR$3,247.00
- Canon EOS 760D DSLR Camera Body$954.00
- Nikon D810 Digital SLR Camera Body$3,149.00
- Canon EOS 1DX Digital SLR Camera Body$7,073.00
- Nikon D500 DSLR Camera (Body Only)$2,548.00
- Nikon D7200 DSLR Camera (Body Only)$1,197.00
- Canon EOS 5DSR DSLR Body Only (5DSRB)$3,747.50
- Nikon D750 Digital SLR Camera Body$2,278.00