The LS-P4 Audio Recorder from Olympus features three microphones and is designed to mimic the function of human ears. It is equipped with two directional microphones to create a stereo effect with a third omnidirectional microphone that is positioned between the other two on the recorder. It can be used to capture an expanded frequency response of 20 Hz to 20 kHz when the center microphone is on, and 60 Hz to 20 kHz when it is off.
The LS-P4 PCM recorder is compatible with FLAC format recordings that reduce high-resolution audio file sizes with no reduction in audio quality. Other features include compatibility with PCM/MP3 file formats, USB charging, built-in 8 GB file storage (which stores up to 253 hours of audio), a microSD external memory slot, and Bluetooth playback on compatible headphones.
- The LS-P4 offers three microphones for a natural sound that mimics the function of human ears. It uses two directional microphones, while a third omnidirectional microphone can be engaged to record additional bass frequencies.
- Sound Quality
- In addition to PCM and MP3 formats, the LS-P4 can record and playback audio in the FLAC format. With FLAC files, high-resolution audio is maintained via lossless compression for smaller file sizes.
- The Fade-in/Fade-out feature adds a smooth beginning and ending to your recordings. The volume will gradually adjust, increasing from the first second of the sound signal and decreasing over the last second to silence at its end.
- Select from 7 preset recording scenes optimized for common recording situations. Try the Music preset for recording across a wider bandwidth or the NoisySituation preset for clear voice-only recordings in noisy surroundings.
- Enjoy wireless playback on compatible headphones and speakers using Bluetooth technology. Install the Bluetooth app from Olympus on your smartphone (available for Android devices only) to use as a remote control for the recorder.
|Power Requirements||AA size (LR6) battery x 4 |
External DC power supply 916 V
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||1.6 x .57 x 4.29" (40.64 x 14.48 x 108.97 mm)|
|Battery Operation Times||Alkaline batteries: 8.5 hours or more|
NiMH (2450mAh): 12 hours or more
Lithium batteries: 16.5 hours or more
|USB||USB 3.0 (A)|
|Connector||TO F Series: USB (Type A) |
Keyboard: USB (Type A)
From F-Series Headphone: 1/4 inch unbalanced stereo phone
Headphone: 1/4 inch unbalanced stereo phone
9-16V DC IN: HIROSE HR10A-7R-4S 4-pin connector (1 pin: , 4 pin: +)
|Internal Memory||Installed: Flash Memory - 8 GB|
|Power Consumption||2.5 W|
|Battery Life (approx.)||Recording: 28 Hours @ 44.1 kHz 16 Bit PCM (WAV)|
|Dimensions||9.6 in (W) x 7.11 in (D) x 1.8 in (H)|
|Battery Type||1 x AAA|
1 x Rechargeable NiMH AAA
|Power Output||150 mW|
|Playback Formats||PCM (WAV)|
|Frequency Response||20 Hz - 20 kHz|
Auto SENS Setting
|Microphone Type||Internal Stereo - 3 Elements|
|Recording Time||PCM Stereo: 10.30 Hours Recording in PCM (WAV) Format|
- Olympus LS-P4 PCM Recorder with Bluetooth (8GB + microSD Slot)
- Extra hot shoe mount adapter
- 3.5mm audio leads