Free shipping on orders over $99
The Aputure Light Dome Mini II is the ultimate in compact diffusion. Designed for light weight and portability, the 21.5" Light Dome Mini II is compatible with the Aputure Light Storm 120 and 300 Series LED lights, and in fact, any LED light with a Bowens front accessory mount.
The sturdily built modifier has 16 wear-resistant Hadfield steel rods that form a circular field of light that yields wide coverage and pleasing, natural-looking catchlights in the eyes of your subject, while maximizing output with its reflective silver interior.
To provide further control, Aputure includes a 40° fabric grid, which eliminates spill light but most importantly, gives you directional control of the soft source for selective lighting or dramatic effects. A filter holder is included as well, for creative color.
- Shallow dome design ideal for smaller studios and tight shooting space
- Full silver coating intensifies output strength for more control over light source
- Unique dual diffuser design ensures even distribution of the light across the entire field
- Medium-sized 21.5” outer diffuser beam makes a soft and flattering light for smaller subjects
- Beautiful smooth streamline of round-shaped hexadecagon light output for ideal catchlight
- Re-designed 16 rods of wear-resistant hadfield steel construction for one-person fast setup
- Bundled with honeycomb grid add-on help control light spill spread by 40 degrees
- Bundled with a gel holder for filmmaker to design light colours
Shallow Dome Design
The Light Dome Mini II has a shallower design than the larger Light Dome, making it the ideal choice for creatives needing soft light in a more confined space, such as an office, small studio, or room.
The new versions of the Light Domes feature a new generation of the quick-release speed ring. You can now easily install and disassemble the dome in less than 1 minute. This new generation addresses the needs of creatives who are on fast-moving sets and need a diffusion solution that can be rapidly set up.
Multiple Diffusion Layers
Featuring¼grid cloth and gold+silver reflective inner baffle options, the Light Dome Mini II offers multiple options for diffusing your light source, allowing you to have more creative choices. High-quality fabrics allow you to retain your light original color temperature.
Gel Holder Support
The Light Dome mini II comes with a specially designed gel holder to allow filmmakers to maximize their creativity while minimizing fabric use.
- When using color gels with powerful LED lights, such as the Aputure C300D, the heat will cause the filter gels to distort or burnt after a period of time.
- You are advised to change new sheets of color filters once every three hours during constant usage.
Durable Fabric Grid
The Light Dome Mini II includes a fabric eggcrate-style grid to help fine-tune your cinematography and control your spread of light to 40 degrees.
The new Light Dome mini II is designed to fit with all fixtures from the Light Storm COB family. It is also compatible with a wide variety of Bowens mount lighting systems, the most common mounts used in the world of photography.
Perfectly Round Catchlight
16 rods create two points of contact for 32 sides of an ultra round shape, giving your subject a flattering specular highlight in their eyes.
- MPN - 26.LIGHTDOME-MINI-II
- GTIN - 6947214409561
|Requires Speed Ring||Yes|
|Removable Front Face||Yes|
|Softbox unfolded||∅ 550 x 290mm (21.6x11.4")|
|Outside Diffuser||∅ 545mm (21.5")|
|Inside Diffuser||∅ 175mm (9.3")|
|Eggcrate Grid||∅ 545mm (21.5")|
|Gel Holder||∅ 185 x 65mm (7.3 x 2.6")|
|Net Weight||1.64 kg (3.61 lb)|