digiDIRECT's Commitment to your Right to Privacy
digiDIRECT respects your privacy and we are committed to the protection of personal information. We collect personal information to assist us in providing you with services as well as information on either products and services offered by us. References to “personal information” in this Policy means information from which your identity is apparent or may be reasonably ascertained such as your name, address, telephone number, email address and photographs and images that are provided to us. digiDIRECT is bound by and complies with the Australian Privacy Act and Australia’s NPPs. Purposes for Collecting Personal Information
digiDIRECT collects the personal information it requires for the following purposes:
Electing Not to Receive Additional Information on Products and Services
- Selling, promoting and providing products and services as requested by you.
- Registering and handling of product warranties.
- Responding to communications from you.
- Providing you with information that you request (by post, telephone or email).
- Registering you in programmes that you wish to join.
- Sending you additional information on our products and services which we think may be of interest to you.
- Sending you information on products and services of our select business partners which we think may be of interest to you.
- If you do not wish to provide digiDIRECT with personal information, we will be unable to properly provide you with the products, services, information and/or warranty that you require.
digiDIRECT will honour and respect any request made by you in any of the ways outlined above to cease receiving that additional information. Provision of Personal Information to Contractors, Related Companies and Business Partners
- If you do not wish to receive additional information on our products and services or on the products and services of our select business partners you can request us not to send that additional information to you by contacting us as detailed below.
- If you supply us with your personal information via a website owned and operated by digiDIRECT, you may utilise a function on that website to “unsubscribe” from receiving that additional information at the time you supply us with your personal information via that website.
- When that additional information is sent to you by email, you can utilise a function linked to that email to “unsubscribe” from receiving further additional information.
The use of any personal information provided by you:
- It is sometimes necessary for us to pass on some of your personal information and your requested delivery information to other organisations which are contracted by us to assist in providing some products and services. We require these organisations to have compliant privacy procedures in place and to only use your personal information to assist us in providing those products and services and for no other purpose.
- digiDIRECT may occasionally disclose personal information to its related companies. If any of that personal information is not de-personalised before it is provided to them, those related companies will be required by us to abide by any express choices that you may have made regarding the use of your personal information.
- Under no circumstances will we share your personal information with any of our related companies for their marketing purposes if you have elected not to receive any marketing and product information from digiDIRECT
- digiDIRECT may also share personal information with business partners for whom digiDIRECT operates a web-page or business partners who operate co-branded web-pages in conjunction with digiDIRECT.
digiDIRECT may also, from time to time, select and send you information on the products and services of our business partners which we think may be of interest to you (unless you have already opted out). Each time such information is sent to you, you will have the opportunity to unsubscribe. If at any time you do not wish to receive that information, you should take the opportunity at that time to opt out from receiving or continuing to receive that information.
Except in the circumstances described above, we will not disclose or share any personal information with our business partners unless we request and/or you give us your specific permission to do so. digiDIRECT may, however, develop general reports incorporating some personal information in a de-personalised format for use by our business partners. Cookies
digiDIRECT may collect identifiable information from visits to our websites to help us provide better customer service through the use of various technologies, including "cookies". A cookie is a piece of data that a website can send to your browser which may then be stored on your computer as a tag that identifies your computer and /or the computer user. Such technologies enable digiDIRECT to measure and analyse, for example, visitor activity on the website, visits to web pages and the domains from which people visit. This information will assist digiDIRECT in understanding trends and patterns and helps to serve you better when you return to the website or when a new product or service becomes available. You can set your browser to notify you before you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it. You can also set your browser to turn off cookies. If you turn off cookies, there may be some features and pages of digiDIRECT site that will not display properly to you. Consent to Use of Personal Information
digiDIRECT complies with the requirements set out in this Policy, the provision by you of personal information to digiDIRECT amounts to consent to the use of that personal information for the purpose for which it was provided and for any of the purposes set out in this Policy. Other than described above, digiDIRECT will not use, sell or disclose your personal information without your consent. Websites of Third Parties
Where a digiDIRECT website contains links to or from other websites (which are not operated by digiDIRECT or are not digiDIRECT co-branded web-pages), we will not be responsible for the privacy practices of the operators of those other websites (“third party sites”). You should check the privacy practices of those third party sites. Links to and from a digiDIRECT website to any of those third party sites does not amount to an endorsement by digiDIRECT of any of those other websites or their content. Security of Personal Information
digiDIRECT holds all personal information securely. Except for the provision of personal information to contractors and business partners for the purposes referred to in the paragraphs above, access is restricted to the digiDIRECT employees who need the personal information for a designated purpose. Additional security measures including secure locked areas, a high level of commercially available encryption for financial transactions on line and secure disposal procedures have been implemented. digiDIRECT